moldy bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So a buddy gave me some bottles the other day. They had mold on the bottom. So I rinsed them and scrubbed them out with water. Then I put them through the dishwasher. They just got done in the oven at 350 degrees for 3 hours. Should I used a sanitizer in the inside?

If they're visually clean, go ahead and store them until you need them. Just sanitize them prior to bottling.

Sounds like you have them cleaned sufficiently. Now you can store them until you are ready to bottle. Sanitize them just before bottling. Keeping in mind that cleaning and sanitizing are two different steps.

So I should still use the sanitizer right after they come out of the oven? Since I am bottling right away.

Normally you wouldn't need to sanitize post oven. Did you put aluminum foil over the tops while baking? The concern would be during the time you let them cool, something falls in the top.

Back