The Official WHMBP Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I recieved the wanted email from Talleymonster.
SO here comes the tough part:
I am looking for all of the people that are still intrested in being a part of this
and a list of soldiers
Here in a few days I should have a dedicated email account up just for this program as well !
-Jason

Welcome Home Military Brewers Program

Purpose:
To show our gratitude to the HBT members that are soldiers and are returning home
To give our fellow brewers a stockpile of homebrew to hold them over until they can brew

How it works:
To join as either a soldier or a volunteer PM me with the following info:

Volunteer: Email Address

Soldier: Name, Address, and Return Date

I will email all of the volunteers 1 month before a soldier returns with their return date and address, it’s then up to you to ship beer or whatever else you would like to send.

Rules & Regulations
ALL exchange rules laid down by OllllO still apply, Exchange Rules. - Home Brew Forums
This is a volunteer program NOT a swap. You will not be getting anything in return, besides that warm fuzzy feeling.

You are more that welcome to send Brewing supplies, equipment, or of course Brew! I wanted to open this up because I would hate to see people that want to participate not, because they don't want to send brew (updated 5-12-09)

**I will edit this post to update the list of volunteers & Soldiers as soon as I can **

thank you all

-Jason

For those intrested in sending Care packages to troops that are overseas,
not the ones that are members of this forum, just soldiers in general.

Adopt a soldier
With Soldiers' Angels - Soldiers' Angels Great group of people !

A buddy of mine hears from his "Angel' at least 3 times a month!
you don't have to send gifts or food, Just send a letter !
Many troops would just like to hear from someone !

Thanks

-Jason

You are more that welcome to send Brewing supplies, equipment, or of course Brew!
Hey Chetto

I upgraded some of my equipment this winter and still have the two old aluminum pots. My thought was to hang onto them until the next pass it forward thread, but this seems like a better place to find a home. They are Bayou turkey fryer type pots. The 10 gallon pot was used for boils and the 7-1/2 was my HLT. A few dents and well used, but still functional. I used the fittings on my new pots, so these have holes and whoever gets them will need to deal with that.

It would be nice to get these into the hands of a soldier/sailor wanting to make the move to AG or full boils, but who's a little short on funds. You're familiar with the guy's in this program, so the decision is up to you. Send me an address and I'll get them out.

Thanks for keeping this program alive.
Appreciate the sacrifices made by all.

OldPots.jpg

AnOldUr----- Thank you I am sure that those will go to a new home here soon !

Thank you everyone !!

Sporkd2 PM me I ned to get some info from you

And any other supporting member please PM ME !!!

-Jason

Welcome Home Military Brewers Program

Purpose:
To show our gratitude to the HBT members that are soldiers and are returning home
To give our fellow brewers a stockpile of homebrew to hold them over until they can brew

How it works:
To join as either a soldier or a volunteer EMAIL the following info:

Volunteer: Email Address

Soldier: Name, Address, and Return Date

I will email all of the volunteers 1 month before a soldier returns with their return date and address, it’s then up to you to ship beer or whatever else you would like to send.

To [email protected]

Rules & Regulations
ALL exchange rules laid down by OllllO still apply, Exchange Rules. - Home Brew Forums
This is a volunteer program NOT a swap. You will not be getting anything in return, besides that warm fuzzy feeling.

You are more that welcome to send Brewing supplies, equipment, or of course Brew! I wanted to open this up because I would hate to see people that want to participate not, because they don't want to send brew (updated 5-19-09)

**I will edit this post to update the list of volunteers & Soldiers as soon as I can **

thank you all

-Jason

Please anyone still serious about being a Donater Email me

Any Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines, that are members please Email as well !!

I know this thread is all about honoring those of us who have made the trip and returned with a cold brew crafted in thanks,

but take a moment today and raise a glass to those who gave it all for our freedom.

Right now I'm remembering:

EO1 Gary Rovinski
HM2 Jamie Jeanke
BU1 Jerry Tharp
KIA Iraq, 2006 Serving with United States Mobile Construction Battalion Twenty Five.

Jamie and Gary were taken as part of a convoy hit by an IED, they were providing security for the movement of materials for construction projects.
Jerry was killed by an IED while on a mission to repair supply routes damaged by other IEDs. My three friends died "just doing thier job" But they will always be heroes in my book. Gary was a husband and father of three, Jamie was a single mom, and Jerry was a loving husband... all of them said "yes" when uncle sam called.
So while the BBQ is rockin, and the good home brew is flowing, don't feel bad for them, feel proud that you live in the greatest country the world has ever known... give them the respect due... raise your glass and celebrate their lives!

God Bless America.

BUMP~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Trying to get everyones Email addresses to get so I can get a group mailing out !!

Deployed Members please email me as well I need shipping addresses from you !

[email protected]

thank you

-Jason

bump.

Please anyone still serious about Donating Email me

Any Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines, that are members please Email as well !!

Hey guys,

Havent been around much but in 68 days I'll be stateside and another week or so after that sitting on my couch!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Its great to be just about done isn't it?! Cheeto and I are about 45 days from heading out or here and back to the states, cold beers, and grilled steaks!

So,

Instead of forcing people to Rush orders out to the soldiers, I have send out PMs to people letting them know that troops are coming home in the next 45-70 days

Next week I am going to PM addresses so everyone has plenty of time to send what they want to.

Again I am going to stress that.
You are more that welcome to send Brewing supplies, equipment, or of course Brew!

Those of you still on the ropes about donating just PM me PLEASE

as a soldier, with out the support of people like you there would be no reason to stand up for the American Way !!

-Jason

This is the updated list of Volunteers and Soldiers:

VOLUNTEERS UPDATED 6-24-09

EdWort

Jonnio
olllllo
Saccharomyces
mr_good wrench

AnOldUR
GreenwoodRover
gmds123
Joe C
spartanchip
pldoolitle

Thank all of you !!!
If I forgot to add your name please PM me and I will add it !

SOLDIERS

travestyofnature (
coming home around Aug 5th)
Sporkd2 (Coming home around Sept 1st)
Cheeto (coming home around Aug 5th)

Around the first of July I will send out the addresses, please PM or email if you have any questions or concerns

[email protected]

Just a reminder..... per the guidelines for this program, we are following the rules regarding swaps set forth by olllllo.

Exchange Rules

thanks

-Jason

Hey Jason! Just want to point out you're at 1161 posts! Yeah as in 1st BN 161st INF

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That should be a milestone post for you!!!

Info sent!!!!

Because of the not knowing when they are going to evict me from my room
I have sent the Mailing Info for the 3 troops that are coming home soon

sporkd2
travestyofnature
Cheeto

I would like to thank all of the Volunteers !!!
You are all Great !!

and If you want to PM me !!

thank you

-Jason

G'day, Jason, Ty and Matthew.

I have now created a coupon code for you 3 guys. When you order from our website:

Home Brewing Supplies, Kits from Homebrew Heaven

There is a blue "Enter Coupon" button on the left side. When you enter the code:

returnvet

You will get a YEAR's worth of 10% discounts. Good until 9/1/2010

We appreciate your service, and want you ALL back safe and sound!

Maybe we can set something up for more of you guys.

Ralph
Homebrew Heaven
Everettt, WA

VOLUNTEERS UPDATED 6-24-09

EdWort

Jonnio
olllllo
Saccharomyces
mr_good wrench

AnOldUR
GreenwoodRover
gmds123
Joe C
spartanchip
pldoolitle
exlager of HOMEBREW HEAVEN

Thank all of you !!!

SOLDIERS

travestyofnature (

Around the first of July I will send out the addresses, please PM or email if you have any questions or concerns

[email protected]

Just a reminder..... per the guidelines for this program, we are following the rules regarding swaps set forth by olllllo.

Exchange Rules

thanks

-Jason

Thank you all again !!!

+1 to Ralph (being awesome and generous), that's an incredible gesture. I'd suggest a deletion of your post in favor of personal PM's. I'd worry about this being in the public and having some vet posers try to claim it. I've never served (thank you to all who have), but in my book impersonating a veteran is just one or two pegs above child molester.....

travestyofnature and I are homeless and without internet,
we are in the process of heading to home, we leave Iraq the end of this month (hopefully)......... again I would like to say thank you to everyone and I will keep all of you in the know if anything changes !

-Jason

travestyofnature and I are homeless and without internet,
we are in the process of heading to home, we leave Iraq the end of this month (hopefully)......... again I would like to say thank you to everyone and I will keep all of you in the know if anything changes !

-Jason
Good luck. Let me know how Kuwait's looking these days; I'll be there in Sept to go on leave.

Originally Posted by Cheeto

VOLUNTEERS UPDATED 07-22-09

EdWort

Jonnio
olllllo
Saccharomyces
mr_good wrench

AnOldUR
GreenwoodRover
gmds123
Joe C
spartanchip
pldoolitle
exlager of HOMEBREW HEAVEN
NikoBrew
BrewmanstersWherhouse

Thank all of you !!!

SOLDIERS

travestyofnature (

[email protected]

Exchange Rules

thanks

-Jason
.........More Great Volunteers !!!

Well travestyofnature and I are sitting here in Kuwait right now,

Looks like we will be home in about 7-8 days !!!

SporkD2 I need you to PM me !!!

-Jason

Nice guys! My replacements are there right now, tell them to get their asses up here!! lol

Cheeto, PM sent

I sent a coupon code to Jason if you're brewing for the soldiers pop off a message to him for the code, it's 10% off and I carry 23 varieties of hops (all pellet) now, any quantity can be ordered (from 2oz on up per variety of order) per ounce, per pound, 5lb (per variety), and 11lb (per variety) pricing. Thanks for everybody supporting this!!! I can't imagine months on end with no homebrew :(

In transit right now, sitting in Ireland at this moment looks like we wll be in America sooner than expected !!!!

Meaty,
nope Ali al saleem, BTW pm me your info.
I would like to get you on the list !!!

-Jason

Back