aussie in san fran - few questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themox

Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm heading over to the U.S and am gonna be spending some time in sexy san fran. just wanted to ask where is the best brew shop?

i'm looking to get some purchases for my kettle and other gear for my set up (spigot and stainless steel accessories blah blah etc) cos it's a sh!tload cheaper over there than here in australia. any place you know of that could help me out?

as well as that...what are the best brewery/bars to check out?! i love a good craft beer.

cheers,

fletcher.

yup morebeer for your brewing stuff.

As far as places to get a beer, toronado is good. There are a few breweries around. In Oakland you have the Trappist and Beer Revolution. Lots of others.

Take a 30 min drive up to Petaluma and hit up lagunitas or Santa Rosa and grab some awesome russian river brews.

thanks guys!! much appreciated. not 100% on a car yet but should have one...i'll get the lovely wife to drive haha. toronado sounds like a definite so far!

Very Cool. And if you are at Toronado, may as well wander on over to Magnolia. While the food can bee a bit over priced, it's really good and the cask ales are pretty awesome.

Very Cool. And if you are at Toronado, may as well wander on over to Magnolia. While the food can bee a bit over priced, it's really good and the cask ales are pretty awesome.

The food at magnolia is awesome. The devils on horseback are incredible and their house made sausage is extremely well made.

Try to get up to Santa Rosa and Russian River. Lovely drive, especially if you take the death-defying coastal path. Take my word for it, don't look down.

There is no excuse for you to come all the way across the pacific and not go to Russian River..Truly one of the great breweries in the world.

You should take the scenic route, and you can stop for BBQ oysters on the way.

The food at magnolia is awesome. The devils on horseback are incredible and their house made sausage is extremely well made.

There is no excuse for you to come all the way across the pacific and not go to Russian River..Truly one of the great breweries in the world.

You should take the scenic route, and you can stop for BBQ oysters on the way.

yep, it's booked in already. super excited. i've been to the u.s many times before (my wife is american and we're moving there in a few years) but i've not been to san fran since 2000 so i was keen to see what had changed and what breweries were potentially up and coming. very excited. can't wait. thanks all for your suggestions!

Oh man, there are so many breweries in the bay that are worth going to, it would be tough to hit them all.

Russian River
Lagunitas
Moylans
21st Amendment
Anchor
Drakes
Triple Rock
Social Kitchen
Magnolia

I'm sure I missed a lot too.

Latest posts

Back