Had a fun Afternoon, Flying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Got a call this afternoon from one of my good friends that flies for a rich guy. He had just bought his new plane and said I should come check it out. When I get their he was wanting to make sure the Barron he has was fixed (Was having some injector issues). So we got to take off and do a little flying around south Dallas. Pretty fun, its been a while since I have been in a twin engine plane.

Well his new plane is a Cessna Citation, pretty cool plane. After checking it out and drooling all over the cockpit. His boss asks if we want to take it for a spin. I'm like hell yeah, how often do you get the chance to go up in a Million dollar jet. We got to fly around for a hour, did a few touch in goes. I was amazed at the difference in landing a jet compared to a prop plane (even though I was just running the radio's.) Here are a few pictures I took with my phone, I was to busy with the radio's and messing with stuff to get some pics in the air, but ill try next time I get to go.

IMG00057.jpg

IMG00059.jpg

I would hate to see the gas bill on today's little fun outing. The guy that owns the planes is very generous. Now I just need to make millions cause I want one. :)

OMG i cant get away from aviation geeks. At work they are everywhere. I thought i found a nice cozy place to not think about aviation for once;) Pretty cool though i have to say. Touch and goes in a jet.

Always fun to go fly something new, faster, and/or different. Awesome!

Out of curiosity, what kinds of differences did you notice about the landings?

Nitpicking...it's a "touch AND go."

Always fun to go fly something new, faster, and/or different. Awesome!

Out of curiosity, what kinds of differences did you notice about the landings?

Nitpicking...it's a "touch AND go."

Mainly just the power on Final approach. You pull power back and it just seems to go and go. Taxing was pretty weird just for the fact on that plane, you feel so far forward.

Oh yes, that is correct, stupid typo's.

Back