My 5 tap setup from the basment to kitchen.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3hutson

Reaction score
I wanted to wait until I have the last 2 taps in and have some writing on the board, but the anticipation for feedback is killing me!

The keeper is in the basement. I made my own trunk line and am cooling with a loop of water from a corney keg in the keezer. Pours are great even when it hasn't been used for days. Runs are about 12 feet and I'm getting good pours at about 12 psi (a little slow, but tolerable).

Full write up to come after my Halloween party this weekend!

image-1506306714.jpg

That looks awesome!!!! Can't wait for the write up on that one. Any plans for a drip tray? Looking forward to more pics...

dv8uagain said:
That looks awesome!!!! Can't wait for the write up on that one. Any plans for a drip tray? Looking forward to more pics...
Right now we have a stainless table that buts up to it:

image-4124970156.jpg

Attachments

• image-2615784271.jpg
    image-2615784271.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,696
  • image-653842949.jpg
    image-653842949.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,689
  • image-2101314031.jpg
    image-2101314031.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,720
That's just awesome. I've gotta run taps up to my kitchen when we renovate...ya know, in 20 years :eek:

Man that's nice! We are getting ready to build a house and you have me thinking maybe I should have a pipe run for something like this. Do you have a solution cooling the lines or do you just pour and toss the first foamy pull?

I described the cooling a bit in my first post but I'll repeat it since a couple people have asked haha.

I have a spare corney in the keezer which is filled with water. I have a pond pump from harbor freight in the corney which is pumping constantly through a loop of vinyl tubing that is sandwiched in between the serving lines. It works great. I actually didn't have a ton of problems when I simply ran lines prior ro building the trunk lines, since they are so short. I'll be able to do a head to head comparison tonight when I run the two addition lines because they will be uninsulated until I rebuild my trunk line to include them.

I described the cooling a bit in my first post but I'll repeat it since a couple people have asked haha.

I have a spare corney in the keezer which is filled with water. I have a pond pump from harbor freight in the corney which is pumping constantly through a loop of vinyl tubing that is sandwiched in between the serving lines. It works great. I actually didn't have a ton of problems when I simply ran lines prior ro building the trunk lines, since they are so short. I'll be able to do a head to head comparison tonight when I run the two addition lines because they will be uninsulated until I rebuild my trunk line to include them.

Thanks for going into detail on that! Apparently my eyes were set to 'skim' when I read your op :smack:

Thanks for going into detail on that! Apparently my eyes were set to 'skim' when I read your op :smack:

Not a problem. I'll take some better pics with my canon once I get everything where I want it to be :)

My Jolly pumpkin tap handle came yesterday (was a pain to track one down) and my unibroue handle comes Friday! WOOT!

There's nothing I don't like about this. Curious to hear how much of a difference there's going to be.
Awesome work :mug:

I'll shoot a little video of them side by side once I get the lines full and it has a chance to come to room temperature.

That is a great idea. So you have a cool water line that helps cool the lines? Pardon my ignorance here, I kind of didn't get it.

This gives me an idea for an eventual tap system. :D

Love the setup. Can't wait until I live in a house with a basement so I can do what you have done. It is so clean and well executed.

By the way, I noticed a few people asking about the lack of drip tray. I personally don't like the look of a drip tray and have been fine without one...I can't remember the model number for this exact unit but it has been very effective at eliminating spilt brew.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Nice drip tray! Careful with super hoppy beer as hops can cause dogs to lose control of their body temp and die.

As an update, the uncooled lines pour just as well as the cooled lines. Guess I have room for another keg!

Ha, thanks! I read a lot about that, so I never let him get more than a few drops. Good thing I have perlick flow controls!

ive heard this too. my dog has gotten into hops before and i was really worried but he ended up[ turning out just fine. of course he has also eaten glass, so.....

One day I would love to have something like this but I have a long way to go. Thank you for the inspiration though!

I'll shoot a little video of them side by side once I get the lines full and it has a chance to come to room temperature.

I completely forgot about this thread. A buddy of mine is getting ready to do something very similar from his garage to his kitchen. Are you still happy with the way this turned out, and did you ever get around to making that video? I would be interested to see it. Again, love the idea :mug:

Setesh said:
I completely forgot about this thread. A buddy of mine is getting ready to do something very similar from his garage to his kitchen. Are you still happy with the way this turned out, and did you ever get around to making that video? I would be interested to see it. Again, love the idea :mug:

I don't think I remembered to shoot the video. I am still running the lines uncooled, just an insulated trunk line. I think I will eventually move to a glycol chiller if/when I move to conicals, but for now I just use it as is. Works great and people love the beer. This is only about 10 feet of beer line run. Garage to kitchen might be another issue depending on distance.

New picture if taps and new tap handle (Xmas present).

image-2271121279.jpg

image-681869380.jpg

Should only be <5 feet of line on his build as the taps will be right on the other side of the wall from the keezer so I have high hopes for it. Again, yours looks excellent!

Have you had any foaming issues? I've considered this, but was always too afraid of it becoming a giant foam machine.

Have you had any foaming issues? I've considered this, but was always too afraid of it becoming a giant foam machine.

I have about 20 ft of 1/4 in line that is not cooled or insulated and I just run out a few ounces first that are flat and then it's good. The smaller the line the longer it needs to be. I have my kegerator at 38ish degrees so the beer comes out perfect and foam free. (It may warm up a bit running through the lines). Once you pour one beer you're good for the night. :ban:

Latest posts

Back