What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this stuff! Way better than it's counterpart.

ForumRunner_20130211_192611.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Awesome glass. I love me some makers. I'm almost out of whiskey. Need to get some more next haul. Also some scotch.

My wife knows I like Makers and bought me a gift set that came with two of those glasses.

For now, drinking more.

image-386341155.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Did you see the news that they are going to dilute it down to 84 proof so they can meet demand?

Yeah, I get periodic emails from them and that was in their last one. They say it won't affect taste/quality but we'll see. Of course, I probably wouldn't notice any slight difference, but I'm sure bourbon "snobs" will probably say they can.

That pictured pint of Surly ended up getting struck with a piece of my juicer and smashed on the counter :mad: now I'm having a Mexican RIS that someone sent me :drunk:

bottlebomber said:
That pictured pint of Surly ended up getting struck with a piece of my juicer and smashed on the counter :mad: now I'm having a Mexican RIS that someone sent me :drunk:

That's what you get for trying to juice Surly cans hoping to get a couple more drops out of them. When the can is empty, it's empty. :p

Had a Brown Shugga,now a Bells Smitten. Been working on something for a German Pale Ale/Altish beer. Already have my next 4 planned out but not completley.Gonna be a red ipa next, all amarillo ipa, some kind of burton ale with scottish malt, then the german pale ale,Im thinkin Kolsh malt but was thinking more german pale malt but NB doesnt carrry that one and thats who Im getting all my other stuff from right now.

Yeah, I get periodic emails from them and that was in their last one. They say it won't affect taste/quality but we'll see. Of course, I probably wouldn't notice any slight difference, but I'm sure bourbon "snobs" will probably say they can.

Bourbon snobs don't drink Makers.

WesleyS said:
That's what you get for trying to juice Surly cans hoping to get a couple more drops out of them. When the can is empty, it's empty. :p
:D screw that! There's got to be more! Is it wrong that I considered slurping around the broken glass to salvage some of it off the counter?
It was sorta like the healthy morning drink vs. the unhealthy nighttime drink. The healthy drink won hard.. I think there's glass in my foot, but I'm not going to worry about it till tomorrow.

Homebrew club meeting tonight. Got there too late to get pics without gettting caught being dorky, but I set up 5 of my saisons with a little print out with recipes and other info. Also enjoyed a La Folie (anyone else remember how good it used to be????) and some 2010 Pere Jaques. Stone Cali- Belg - Wow, it;s orangey! Nothing else is standing out right now, but nice to have my beers well received by a larger sample than I'm used to.

Homebrew club meeting tonight. Got there too late to get pics without gettting caught being dorky, but I set up 5 of my saisons with a little print out with recipes and other info. Also enjoyed a La Folie (anyone else remember how good it used to be????) and some 2010 Pere Jaques. Stone Cali- Belg - Wow, it;s orangey! Nothing else is standing out right now, but nice to have my beers well received by a larger sample than I'm used to.

I like the Cali-Belgique - great beer.

:D screw that! There's got to be more! Is it wrong that I considered slurping around the broken glass to salvage some of it off the counter?
It was sorta like the healthy morning drink vs. the unhealthy nighttime drink. The healthy drink won hard.. I think there's glass in my foot, but I'm not going to worry about it till tomorrow.

Not even a little bit. I would have done it. Maybe even use a paper towel to direct it all into a strainer to get most of the glass out, then wring the paper towel out. But that's just me.

Wait, you were worried about looking dorky in front of a bunch of beer geeks? I'm proud to geek out about beer. I even take pictures in bars on the rare occasion that I patronize one. :)

Right now I am loving this little IPA from Weyerbacher. Not too strong at 5.9%, but about as big as it can go on hops and still be in the realm of balanced.

20130210_175300.jpg

Wait, you were worried about looking dorky in front of a bunch of beer geeks? I'm proud to geek out about beer. I even take pictures in bars on the rare occasion that I patronize one. :)

Being a forum dork is so much more embarrassing than being a beer dork.

Was trying to track down some Pliny the younger to no avail, but found Hopocalypse at Proofd on the square in Sonoma. I think it's the best beer I've ever had. Stunning complex hop aroma and way more balanced than you would expect of a beer that strong. Tasted alive like brilliant home brew.

freshly bottled wookey jack. month old, to me thats fresh enough from a random store.

I just realized this case of ipa I brewed is 250 calories a pop. Logic would dictate that for my health... I should probably drink them all very soon

Did you see the news that they are going to dilute it down to 84 proof so they can meet demand?

Thats retarded to risk the quality of your product over demand. If your whiskey sells out its a good thing but again if they cant replace what is bought quickly enough people will turn to another brand. If I was them I would not and will not dilute that product. Though i havent bought makers in a while. :drunk:

131628.jpg

This little guy is delicious and at 50.05% to boot. :ban:

HB apple cinnamon cider, gets smoother everyday! Almost time to make this one again, the fiancee is putting a dent in the pipeline.

I'm drinking my last 24oz Tripel X bomber. I should have made 10 gallons of this. Even though the candi sugar didn't work out right this is still the best tasting tripel I or my wife has tasted in a long time.

Gotta finish up brew day today. Ran out of propane last night.

Thats retarded to risk the quality of your product over demand. If your whiskey sells out its a good thing but again if they cant replace what is bought quickly enough people will turn to another brand. If I was them I would not and will not dilute that product.

Agreed. The quality of the product is what makes or breaks you - they'd be better off short filling the bottles (say 715ml) than diluting the product. Even if the average person can't tell the difference between 90 & 84 proof, if they find out after they fact they won't be happy.

Agreed. The quality of the product is what makes or breaks you - they'd be better off short filling the bottles (say 715ml) than diluting the product. Even if the average person can't tell the difference between 90 & 84 proof, if they find out after they fact they won't be happy.

Especially if they keep the same price but dilute your beverage. That will be no good. I see makers everwhere around here and do not fly off the shelves.

DisturbdChemist said:
Especially if they keep the same price but dilute your beverage. That will be no good. I see makers everwhere around here and do not fly off the shelves.

Yeah, I really don't know where the demand is. Like you said, it doesn't really sell out around here. Hopefully they adjust the price accordingly after being diluted. I like Makers a lot, but I can just as easily switch to another bourbon.

Back