Dear EdWort- Damn you!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
My head feels like hell. I only had 3 glasses that I remember. Stupid Apfelwine

Wife really likes it too-

i had a few (too many) glasses of apfelwein the other night, about a half gallon! next day, i felt like someone had whacked me in the forehead with a bat. next time, i'll remember to drink the quart of water and the two asprin before bed.
cheers from reno.

We had a Christmas party last weekend and one of my buddies was going on and on aout how good the Apfelwein was and he had 5 before he knew it. 30 minutes later he was passed out on the couch. :rockin:

I think I've become like most people on here and I've developed a strong love/hate relationship with apfelwein. Tastes great, gets the ladies tanked... but hell hath no fury like the apfelwein hangover :D

Funny thing about this stuff is I seem to be able to drink the piss out of it. I've downed more than a sixpack on a few occasions and only ended up getting slightly drunk. and I've yet to get a headache/hangover from it. Wonderful stuff.

So in honor of ya ED- I created a little different version. I will have to have the SWMBO tell me how it is as shes gonna be responsible for kegging it while im away.

I used 2gal unfiltered organic Apple juice-
One standard topps apple juice and
2 gallons of organic blueberry juice
2lbs of corn sugar
2 packets safal US-05 yeast

What do you think?

Sounds interesting. Whatever you do, if you don't like how it tastes, don't dump it till after 6 months minimum.

What color is it?

Latest posts

Back