Danby kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingfinbar

Reaction score
So I'm finally ready to take the step to kegging. I've realized that bottling is the single biggest limiting factor of my brewing....I hate the whole process.

I'm going to be picking up a Danby kegerator for a good price locally... Are they ready to go for corny kegs? I know I'll have to get the CO2 tank filled, and I'll have to actually get the kegs themselves, but are all the fittings and whatnot ready to go? It is the DKC146SLDB model, 5.2 cubic feet. Thanks!

The kegerator will more than likely come with a Sanke tap. This is a tap used for most American commercial beers. You'll need to replace it with connectors for your kegs if your using the standard 5 gallon 'cornie' kegs.

Hammy71 said:
The kegerator will more than likely come with a Sanke tap. This is a tap used for most American commercial beers. You'll need to replace it with connectors for your kegs if your using the standard 5 gallon 'cornie' kegs.

Cool, thanks!

So I'm finally ready to take the step to kegging. I've realized that bottling is the single biggest limiting factor of my brewing....I hate the whole process.

I'm going to be picking up a Danby kegerator for a good price locally... Are they ready to go for corny kegs? I know I'll have to get the CO2 tank filled, and I'll have to actually get the kegs themselves, but are all the fittings and whatnot ready to go? It is the DKC146SLDB model, 5.2 cubic feet. Thanks!

What price are you able to get it at. Im also looking to get a Kegerator and I like this Danby: http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/danbyssteel-2.shtml

It will come with the commercial style connector but you can absolutely keg your beer in commercial kegs if you have any. There are videos on YouTube about removing the spear assembly and putting it back in. I have 3 1/6th barrels that I use in my homebrew set up.

Plus that style makes it much easier if you are going to toss a keg of Butt Light in there for a large gathering.

Back