Kegging Question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NocturnalEMT

Reaction score
So, my fire union recently won a contest from Guiness and they delivered 1440 cases of their black lager. I have an available keg and want to put some in there. Whats the thought on pouring the bottles in there and putting it under pressure? I just dont have room for the bottles in my fridge and dont feel like lifting the lif on my keezer everytime for a bottle.

IIRC, Guinness uses nitrogen, not CO2.

If storage is a problem, I'm sure there's a lot of guys on here that'll be willing to take some off your hands

#FirstWorldProblems: Too much beer

IIRC, Guinness uses nitrogen, not CO2.

If storage is a problem, I'm sure there's a lot of guys on here that'll be willing to take some off your hands

#FirstWorldProblems: Too much beer

The black lager does not use nitro. Its worth a shot to try it. Just pour slow or siphon it somehow and ya should be fine as long as ya get it back on co2 as soon as possible..

Is that number right? 1440 cases. As in 34,560 bottles of beer? WTF?

I just dont have room for the bottles in my fridge

You don't have to store the beer in the fridge. Just put them in a closet or in the corner and rotate them into the fridge.

I dont feel like lifting the lid on my keezer everytime for a bottle

LOL...I thought the same thing as the last poster....#FirstWorldProblem

Forgot to update, but this work out great...no issues, but as others have said, its not under nitrogen. Lots of foam from pouring it in, but once it settled, i poured more and it served perfectly. Cheers!!!

Back