Leaky Ball Locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthewjscott

Reaction score
I have a keg that is starting to leak when the psi is lower than 15. Is there a way to fix this or am I going to have to buy another keg?

Depends where it is leaking.

Have you identified where the leak..or leaks...are at?

I should have explained better than just leaving it in the title. The leak is coming from the ball valve itself. The spring loaded pin in the middle seems to not seal if the psi is less than 15.

Have you tried moving the pin when the gas is leaking out? Sometime the poppet is a little off when you disconnect the gas connection. Try moving it with your finger. Usually you can see which way it needs to move in order to seal. If that doesn't work, replace the poppet. They're cheap

I should have explained better than just leaving it in the title. The leak is coming from the ball valve itself. The spring loaded pin in the middle seems to not seal if the psi is less than 15.

so your poppet is leaking? when you take QD off the In post, it starts to leak?

danorocks17 said:
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. take the post off, remove the poppet and put some keg lube on it. It worked for me, might just need a readjustment and/or keg lube.:mug:

+1 practice safe kegging

Back