• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Culture Vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, you guys should just put the claws away for a bit. It is just some cheap culture vials, this guy volunteered to buy these in bulk and pass savings on, if you want faster shipping and orders go to Cynmar or some similar and pay more. He is doing us a favor! He has been a member for almost 2 years and doesn't have only 10 posts, plus he is a premium supporter. It would be pretty dumb to screw one person on HBT and ruin his history and rep, let alone a decent sized group like us. I doubt there is anything nefarious going on.

If you don't want to buy his hospital (which I have no problem believing) then just think about his situation logically, why would he still be on here if he wanted to "take the money and run?"

I was told my order shipped last week, clearly it did not. That is my issue. If everyone here is okay with being lied too and that is not considered nefarious, then I have some culture vials I would like to sell you...

bellinmi88 said:
Too late about your reputation. You should not have PM'd me last week saying my vials were shipped and I would have them by Wednesday May 9th, I still don't have them nor do I have any confidence I will ever receive them. Has anyone to date received their order?

I tossed two yeast cakes I was hoping to harvest.

I have checked his Profile which shows the last date he was Active in the forum and he has been checking in every day....not buying the hospital story. A simple "i am laid up in the hospital" would have been prudent on any of those days he showed as active on the forum.

Lesson learned.

Sorry dude but you're wrong. If im sick the last thing im worrying about is your vials.

I'm not a doctor, but I do think pain meds can make people a bit loopy.

And that last post made me laugh a bit.

who knew that $12 worth of vials would cause such an uproar? Take care of yourself and take your time with sending mine

I've got no skin in this transaction, but I've had kidney stones and it was indescribable pain. Like emergency room and morphine pain, I was a zombie for a couple days.

Hope the OP is feeling better and that everything gets sorted out for everyone else.

This has become quite amusing. Have a great weekend all. Be well and feel well. Lol

Not involved in this transaction, but I'm a firefighter/paramedic. They told us in paramedic school kidney stones are the male equivalent to delivering a baby. My wife has had them and she said they are worse than labor.

Just send the doubters their vials......with some kidney stones in the vials :D

Get better...My vials are not so important that I am not willing to wait.

Hope you feel better soon! Take your time on the vials, I appreciate the effort to pass on the savings. Your reputation is still good in my book!

I was told my order shipped last week, clearly it did not. That is my issue. If everyone here is okay with being lied too and that is not considered nefarious, then I have some culture vials I would like to sell you...

If you want to know who ruined their reputation its you. It's $25 of vials. If it gets here in a few months who gives a crap. You want it fast then order it yourself. Should seriously send him the stones in the vials.

Did any of those orders ship out to me? Just wanted to make sure I should be on the look out for them.

I am going to have all the vials in the mail by end of the week. I have some boxed up going out in the morning when the mail man comes. I can't drive with the pain meds to drop them off at the post. If any of the local guys want to stopi in and pick them up I am home this week.

If u r shipping through the post office they will come n pick up at your door. It's called carrier pickup u can do it online. I also think UPS does it also.

Any updates? I am now sitting at home with not much to do and a little less left index finger. It sure would be nice to tinker with my beer stuff.

I think the main problem with these kinds of transactions is the lack of communication one way or another from the OP. It shouldn't be too hard to give an ETA from one coast to the other. It might go a long ways towards individual interactions.

And the thing is he does not seem to be willing to respond to this thread. I posted up for an update on the 18th and he was last active on the 19th. I will give it another couple of days for some sort of contact then Paypal will be fetching my money back. I am willing to to give a guy some credit and if you get sick you get sick give a little more but it is starting to get out of hand. I am really unhappy about he yeast cakes I have lost though

My payment was sent April 9th...I could have had a kidney transplant and fully recovered by now.

But I am the d_ _ k for expressing my concerns.

Glad to see I am not the only one...wait...maybe his Appendix burst over the weekend.

Oh I know not a word. I have had several kidney stones and as soon as they are either removed or broke up the relief is overnight if not sooner. Shoot my last one was 9mm. I was up and about 2 days later, The stint was was removed 5 days later.

Although I have not been one of the unlucky participants...I find this post extremely "soap operaish" lol! I'm sorry fellas, I check back everyday to see what is unfolding. Good luck.

I guess there is no shot at closing that second buy now. I've removed my name from the spreadsheet.

Good luck to everyone that has paid. Hope you get your vials.

Has anyone (either the initial or the second round) received any vials?

Has anyone who was in on the New England bulk grain buy heard from crazyirishman34?

I recall as an intern with the FBI an investigation regarding commerce fraud that went something like this:

A front company orders $10,000 worth of Nike shoes from a distributor, paid in full up front. They explain it is for a new store. One week later they call the distributor back and place another $10,000 order saying they sold out all their stock in 1 week, also paid in full upfront! The distributor thinking they have a great new customer, rushes out their second order. One week later they call back and say "we sold out again can we get another $10,000 order?" The distributor says, why not order $100,000 as that volume will save you a ton and you wont have to call back every week". The front company says, "that makes sense, can you invoice us for this shippment? "Or course" the distributor says. And the front company is never heard from again. $120,000 worth of Nike shoes for $20,000. Street value of this scam was over $250,000.

No I have not received my vials.

Interesting story.

Neither have I received any vials, but stil hopeful. perhaps I'm too much of an optimist, we'll see.

Has anyone (either the initial or the second round) received any vials?

Has anyone who was in on the New England bulk grain buy heard from crazyirishman34?

FYI, he told me a couples of times that he had shipped my order out (first round of vials) and the date of shipment was different every time. It's not down to patience at this point.

Long story short, I got a refund.

I don't know what happened to the vials or crazyirishman, but I know this got sketchy. Good luck.

Well I hope he will get off his A double S and do what he said. I just tried to dispute the transaction with PayPal but since he had everyone send him money and accept the fee we did not buy goods or services so if he fails like he is doing so well at I am out. and a lot of others will be out also. Thanks Buddy

I will post a tracking number to your paypal as soon as I ship them.

No tracker, and no vials. I was on the second shipment, and paid him over 1 month ago. Initially I worried since he didn't ever have them in hand before soliciting offers, but I didn't sweat it much since he'd apparently organized group buys. I've been unfortunate enough to get burned by a bad trader when trading beer. This certainly has all the hallmarks: sh!tty communication, flaking out on replies, and getting indignant about being held to his word.

Maybe post over to the group buy thread and see if any locals there can get some information/help us out by contacting Lazyirishman34 themselves?

AAIndigo said:
Your an ass. I hope they break in shipping.

No chance of them breaking as there is no chance he will ship them out. Who is the ass in all this?

I don't think you will. I hope you are making a joke if not you should read the last page or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back