The Ugly Keggle In Action (video)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Took a few days off to catch up on some imprtant tasks. One of which was get a few 10-gallon batches under way.

Here's my 13 gallon (preboil) batch of Anchor under full boil. The keggle might be ugly, but she sure do boil nice.

Note: No hops yet. Gotta get about 30 minutes done to get the volume down.

Too bad you don't have smella-vision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil' Sparky said:
So where did you find your kevlar gloves with shoulder-length gauntlets? ;)

Good point! How DO you clean that thing without looking like the drummer from Def Leppard?

Cheesefood said:
Good point! How DO you clean that thing without looking like the drummer from Def Leppard?
She goes right into the double basin sink after the drain and gets hosed down with 130 degree tap water from a garden hose I have attached. Other than having to wipe some sticky away from the outer rim, the rinse is all it takes. Then it's upside down in my oversize plastic tub to drip dry.

As for a "work in progress"?

If she ever gets stolen, I'll know how to pick her out of a line-up.

Bobby_M said:
Take that thing out back and put it out of its misery like a junkyard dog with three broken legs. I think the wort is too scared to boil over for fear of getting cut on the way out.

;-)

I nominate this as funniest post of the week.

the_bird said:
Who here wants to chip in to buy BM an angle grinder? I'll throw $5 into the pot!

I've got the angle grinder... no name, good enough. New in the box, never opened. $35.00 gets it shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Come on people lets get a brewer a new tool!

Man, I thought my arms were gouged and bleeding from just watching the video ;)

I say, if it works, who cares what it looks like. I cut the top out of mine with a dremmel and like 15 freaking cuttoff wheels. It took forever but it is nicer looking. I should have my weldless fitting here tomorrow so I can drill and install it this weekend.

At least now I know what a double batch of wort looks like boiling in a keggle.

Greg

Bobby_M said:
...I think the wort is tooI scared to boil over for fear of getting cut on the way out...

;-)

Sadly, you were mistaken. I brought it down to a lower roll and walked away for a few minutes (to post some video thingy...) and came back down to a boil over.

Luckily the boil off liquid didn't make it underneath the keezer...by about two inches.

Ahhhh. The smell of scorched sugar smells great.

Yuri_Rage said:
I couldn't disagree more.

Shameless self-promotion:

[YOUTUBE]gmd2HYT5pCk[/YOUTUBE]

As I posted that, I was thinking to myself "Yuri is going to prove me wrong".
7.gif

Heh guys give em a break . a fellow brewer once told me that it ain't the clubs that make the Golfer.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.......

the_bird said:
Who here wants to chip in to buy BM an angle grinder? I'll throw $5 into the pot!

I say we get a collection up so that he can send the keggle to Yuri and get it plasma cut.

Sorry BM, your junk is still ugly.

We wouldn't have as much at BM's expense if he didn't already make fun of himself. We're just playing here. The best part is that he left enough meat on there to trim off to a perfect circle someday. There's hope.

Bobby_M said:
We wouldn't have as much at BM's expense if he didn't already make fun of himself. We're just playing here. The best part is that he left enough meat on there to trim off to a perfect circle someday. There's hope.

Yeah, I guess BM's keggle can be recircumcised!:D

See, no woman that I know would let something that ugly be posted online. I think it's a very "guy" thing to say "feck it, it friggin' works, assh*le!"

Now, whether BM has "other" feminine attributes... well, that's something between BM and Mrs. BM...

Fingers said:
We can see that. You cut metal like a woman.
No, if he cut metal like a woman, he'd still be agonizing over what color cutting implement to buy, regardless of its actual function. In a two weeks, he'd still have an intact keg, polished to a tee. Another week later, there would be a perfect circle cut in the top, mostly by sheer willpower. However, he wouldn't be seen brewing with it until it were the perfect shade of taupe...or mauve...or chartreuse...or...

Somebody seems to know an awful lot of dem "fancy" colors... :rolleyes:

PLEASE tell me it's just because you got stuck in the paint department at Depot while buying some house paint (WHITE, DAMMIT!) or something...

the_bird said:
Somebody seems to know an awful lot of dem "fancy" colors...
SWMBO likes to use these words. I had to spell check all of them. I always ask her to translate to one of, red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, brown, black, or white.

OK, this is kinda :off:, so I apologize, BM...

Wife and I are debating whether I painted the deck gray or brown. She says brown and I'm colorblind, I say gray and she's insane. They she drops the taupe bomb on me.

As a guy, how do you respond to The Taupe Bomb? WTF is taupe? Did I unintentionally paint my deck a color I cannot, because of my genetalia, possibly understand?

Help me boys... is this gray or brown? Anyone answers "taupe," I'm banning your ass.

IMG_7715.jpg

(the deck part, not the rails)

That color defies explanation and I refuse to comment further on the basis that it may cause me to be banned.

I tell you what - the freakin' paint on those little wood chips at Depot has ZERO relation to the color in the can. I even brought the stir stick back into the store with me, it's totally different. I like the color, but yeah, doesn't match the house. F*ck it, it's on the back.

Not many choices. Local hardware stores in town are absolute sh*t. Seriously. I'm frustrated as hell at Depot, but the local mom + pops don't do a helluva lot to earn my business either.

Back