Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpapa7272

Reaction score
The gauge that shows the approximate left in the tank the needle is laying on 0 but the tank is still heavy as when i picked it up from being filled. Is my high pressure gauge bad? I just bought the sucker 2 weeks ago and its a taprite!

gas is flowing my low pressure gauge is reading 10psi.

Is the cold from the refrigerator causing the gauge to read 0?
Help!

Yes, putting your tank in the fridge causes the pressure to drop inside the tank gives your high pressure gauge an inaccurate reading. There's nothing wrong with your regulator, that's normal.

And even when you keep your tank at room temp, it will always show as full until you have about 5% left.....it's not a gradual reading like fuel gauge in a car.

Yes, putting your tank in the fridge causes the pressure to drop inside the tank gives your high pressure gauge an inaccurate reading. There's nothing wrong with your regulator, that's normal.
Well, if your fridge is at -78C it might read zero, otherwise it'll drop to somewhere in the 400-600 PSI range when refrigerated. If it's not reading something over 400 there's something wrong with the gauge. The gauge should always give you an accurate reading. It's just that they'll be less pressure in the tank at lower temperatures. You'll have the same amount of liquid CO2 (by weight), but at a lower pressure.

true.. mine only reads zero when it's truly empty, but I thought he was exaggerating. Mine gets down to the "needs a refill" line on the regulator just by putting it in the fridge. Not sure what pressure that line is.

Back