PA area craft brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacob1484

Reaction score
My wife's uncle lives in PA and wants to trade a few local brews for a few that are only available down this way. So what is only distributed in that area that I should try?

i don't know what is available to you but:
Victory
Dogfish Head
Ommegang
Brooklyn
Flying Dog

There are a bunch more but for some reason I am drawing a blank right now.

Where in PA? If he's around Philly, there's Yards and Philadelphia Brewing Company that are hard to find outside the immediate area.

Other brewers from the Philly region that you might have trouble finding outside the area:

SlyFox
CricketHill
Flying Fish
Lancaster
Weyerbacher
Victory

As others have mentioned

Victory, Wyerbacher, Lancaster Brewing Co, Troegs (gotta get you some Troegenator!), Appalachian Brewing Co, all good PA brews.

If you're looking for regionals from the Northeast, then DFH is good, Ommegang (Hennepin is the best), Clipper City

If they are anywhere near the Bethlehem or Allentown Brew Works you might want to go for Hopsolutely , an excellent Triple IPA or the Insidious Imperial Stout. They are a little pricey but very good.

As others have mentioned

Victory, Wyerbacher, Lancaster Brewing Co, Troegs (gotta get you some Troegenator!), Appalachian Brewing Co, all good PA brews.

If you're looking for regionals from the Northeast, then DFH is good, Ommegang (Hennepin is the best), Clipper City

I forgot about Troegs.

I'm not really sure actually. I'll have to ask my wife after work.
Looking through Victory's site right now.. looks delicious

Everything from Victory is amazing.

Back