Anyone have a Coopers Real Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS_Grimmy

Reaction score
Coops Real Ale Kit

Hey fellas,

I wanted to try something different other than original receipt since my OG is always fairly low with the kit instructions. Here is what I was thinking of doing below for adjustments.

Water: 23
Dextrose: 1.35kg/2.98lbs (6 Cups)
Dry Malt Extract: 500g
Bulk Priming Dextrose: 338g (1.5 Cups) - I use 500ml plastic Bottles
Yeast Nutrient: 4 tsp's

Does anyone have any recipe's, suggestions, or comments for these adjustments.

That's a ton of dextrose, you'll end up with a really dry beer. You would probably be happier reducing that to .5 kg and upping the DME to 1kg. You won't need the yeast nutrient at all, and I'd go closer to one cup for the priming sugar.

P.S. what's an 'Imperial Litre?'

:p

Last time I did a coopers, the guy at the brew supply house said to add an extra 3.3lbs (would that be 6.6kg?) of an similar extract. That equaled one can of Muntons. It raised the gravity where I needed it and gave the beer a better body.

Thanks for the tips... im gunna try going by OG instead of volume like I alway do but I'm gunna add in some DME because I have never used it before because I always just used dextrose. I want to start making better beer and getting into more advanced brewing. I've been doing basic extracts for about 2 years now and they turn out pretty good but I want better! lol :)

Ya I'm just moving to using DME. I tried 2:1 ratio with dex and dme on the batch I just made. I gotta get rid of some dextrose because I bough like 13 kg of the stuff in bulk last month for 15 bucks. I'll switch over to DME and use the dex for bottling on my next batch... Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back