Today's beer haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor the Mighty

Reaction score
i dont normally do this but holy hell....wow....this is $240 dollars worth of beer. to most people that sounds stupid as hell but its worth it to me.

beerhaul4.jpg

beerhaul3.jpg

beerhaul2.jpg

beerhaul.jpg

thats 04 and 05 epic, 3rd, 7th and 8th anniversary, 2000 old guardian, and 2003 double bastard.

hahaha. i feel like a kid again! *and yes, thats sad*.

m9onxjjpg.png

this place called "stuffed sandwitch" that has kick ass food and very rare beers. its stone month there, so they had their old stone beers out for sale.

You spent $240 on seven beer??????????????????

Is this a sign that society has reached the end? Does everyone have that much 'disposable' income that it doesn't matter?

More power to you if you can do it...but wow...

You spent $240 on seven beer??????????????????

Is this a sign that society has reached the end? Does everyone have that much 'disposable' income that it doesn't matter?

More power to you if you can do it...but wow...

pff thats nothing dude;

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Sam-Adams-...in_0?hash=item439a311ada&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and the 2002 versions of the beers on the far left usually goes for 300 bucks on ebay if you can find it.

How could that possibly mean that society has reached its end? people have been spending lavish amounts on alcoholic beverages for millenia and its not stopping any time soon.

im not some rich dude throwing cash at old beer, its a hobby, and it pretty much put me broke, but i have a deep respect and lust for old stone brews. call me crazy, but whatever.

haters.jpg

I was just talking to Greg Koch from Stone yesterday... he would have been proud.

[Edit: I should clarify -- I don't normally get a chance to hobnob with microbrewery CEOs... He was in town at a local pub for a small beer-fest and I had the opportunity to hang out for a while.]

oh god i dont know! i really really want to crack that 2000 guardian. i think the 10 year old ipa would not taste so good at this point haha.

Back