Where to buy chamomile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chode720

Reaction score
I am planning a belgian wit next and want to throw some chamomile in. However, I cant find any. I have looked at some Chamomile teas, but they are blends of chamomile and other spices and I dont want those in the beer.

Where does everyone get their chamomile? My LHBS doesnt have any. Are there any 100% chamomile teas out there?

Thanks!

Make friends with an herbologist. My wife's girlfried, i mean that like it sounds, is an herbologist so i get any and all of the herbs and spices that i want. It helps that her hubz brews also and got me into it...

Health food stores will sometimes carry chamomile. I have a few boxes of 100% chamomile tea in my cabinet, from Germany.

I am planning a belgian wit next and want to throw some chamomile in. However, I cant find any. I have looked at some Chamomile teas, but they are blends of chamomile and other spices and I dont want those in the beer.

Where does everyone get their chamomile? My LHBS doesnt have any. Are there any 100% chamomile teas out there?

Thanks!

Here are a couple of sites you may find useful, tho the pricing is significantly different between them. Chamomile Flowers, German, Whole, CERTIFIED ORGANIC, 1 lb. - Bulk - 398

Bulk Chamomile Flowers, German, Whole $7.29 lb. / 5 lbs. for $6.99 lb.

More Than Alive - Chamomile flowers - whole

Good luck, GF.

You should be able to find this brand in stores:

+1... Just used this in my Witbier and it turned out FANTASTIC.

SDC12088.jpg

It's on the bottom. Used:

• 0.2 oz. Dried Chamomile (I think this was about 6 bags... I weighed on digital scale)
  • 1.5 oz. Orange and Grapefruit Peel (one organic fruit of each)
  • 0.4 oz. Indian Coriander

:mug:

But man, Chamomille tea by istelf is GROSS!

All a matter of personal taste, I suppose. I enjoy a cup of Egyptian chamomile tea just before bed, personally.

As an aside, chamomile is patently unnecessary in a Witbier if you use the dried Curacao peel. ;)

The peel adds a soft herbal note as well as providing some supporting bitterness, the coriander provides the citrus character and the yeast does the rest!

If you prefer the fresh citrus character provided by fresh zest, then by all means, use a touch of chamomile to give the soft herbal notes traditionally provided by the bitter peel.

Back