Fortunato's Casque del Amontillado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraconianHand

nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made my first wine kit this weekend, actually it was a port. The kit was a seasonal Chocolate Raspberry Port.

I went with an Edgar Allen Poe theme for this one.

Fortunatos_Casque_del_Amontillado_Port.jpg

(For some reason the crimson in the lettering and jesters cap doesn't come out too well at this resolution, kinda spoils it)

Although in Amontillado is sherry, not port, I thought I would exercise a bit of artistic license for the label.

Like it overall, but my two cents says make the wall a lighter gray - it's real hard to distinguish out the text

The upload messed with the crimson. In GIMP and when printed the crimson is much sharper and there is better contrast between the wall and the lettering. Notice the difference in the clarity of the yellow letters and the red?

No help on the image itself - 'cos I'm hopeless; I'm prone to strangling myself with mouse-cords - but your Latin is wonky.

You want "Requiescat in pace".

Ave,

Bob

I'll see about fading the bricks.

As for the Latin, it might be wonky, but it is "correct". "In pace requiescat" is the ending to Edgar Allen Poe's Cask of Amontillado and should translate to "may he rest in peace".

If the Latin is wrong, then I blame EA Poe. :)

Latest posts

Back