IPA hops selection ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milhouse

Reaction score
I picked up an IPA extract kit today at the LHBS cause I love a good hoppy brew. The kit has 6.6lbs of amber extract, a handful bag of unknown crushed grains, 1oz of Simcoe pellets at 60min for bittering, 1 oz of Willamette pellets at 30min for flavoring, and 1 oz of Kent Golding for dry hopping, and a packet of Coopers brewing yeast.
Heres my question: I have a 1/2oz of 1st year homegrown Centennials, and about 1/2oz of left over Perle, would you or could you use these to add to this IPA? IF so at what time of the boil would you add? Or would you use any for dry hopping?
Thanks for any suggestions

I love Centennial in IPAs. Haven't brewed with Perle yet.

I would take some of the pearl and more it towards the bittering side and take some of the Simcoe and add it as a latter addition. Add all the cennt. at flame out, can you really ever have too many hops?

I would take some of the pearl and more it towards the bittering side and take some of the Simcoe and add it as a latter addition. Add all the cennt. at flame out, can you really ever have too many hops?

+1 move centennial and simcoe to the end and drop the EKG. It's used in an english IPA

Thanks guys, its good to know I can use some of these hops with this batch. So you wouldn't use the Kent Goldings at all?

Latest posts

Back