Fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miked597

Reaction score
It might not look like much now but I'm going to use this broke a$$ fridge for my fermentation. It can hold 8 carboys or buckets no problem!!! I'll keep you all posted when I start the build.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408315105.123287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That looks absolutely awesome!
So jealous right now.

Does it have two separate compartments or are they connected?

The 2 compressors are shot. So I need to either replace them or rig up some type of A/C unit or mini fridge. It has 2 separate compartments of equal size.

This is a shot of the inside. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408360930.583579.jpg

Due to the cost of the replacement compressors $500.00 each!!! I think I'm going to try and find two small window units so I can control both compartments with different temps. One for fermenting and the other for cold crashing or other things such as keeping kegs cold or lagers. Any one use the coolbot or would that be over kill for such a small space?

So I decided to go with the AC wall unit. Got one installed. Still need to insulate around the cut and clean up the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Home BrewImageUploadedByHome Brew1409112101.477033.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1409112160.726850.jpg

Going to run a stc-1000+ on the top unit for fermenting and install a coolbot on the bottom for cold crashing and keg storage.

This is my half ass drawing of what I'm trying to do!!!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409112503.758176.jpg

Back