tasting green beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrapulencePants

Reaction score
Do you still taste every beer when it's green? I've been tasting every beer as I bottle and some taste ok others taste great but all have come out very drinkable. Is there an advantage to tasting before it's properly aged?

I think tasting at every stage gives you some idea of what is actually going on during your whole brewing process. It should save a lot of "hey guys my two-day-old beer tastes awful should I throw it out????" threads. :)

The main advantage is learning to relate green beer to the final product. Occasionally, you'll decide to make an adjustment while the beer is green, such as drying it out a little with some dextrose or adding body with MD.

I enjoy SG samples & I have one beer from the batch each week until she is done and ready to enjoy.....I call it my learning process but truth is I do learn some but I also just enjoy taste tests.......

Do you still taste every beer when it's green? I've been tasting every beer as I bottle and some taste ok others taste great but all have come out very drinkable. Is there an advantage to tasting before it's properly aged?

you get to drink more beer :)

Back