I don't believe this took so long

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
Well, I was fiddlin' around on the web, and decided to see what the hubub was concerning corny kegs, and what the heck they are. I stumbled on to the right web page, kind of a "keg primer". I know now how to hook them up, the difference in types of kegs, all the good stuff. I know what my wish list for the year is gonna include. It's just so simple, I can't believe I didn't look into it before. My days of scrubbing bottles may be over...to a point, I mean I'm not givin' a whole keg of beer to my buds so they can try it out. Wow...:ban: speakin of which, has anyone seen a "keg" for homebrew made out of the same plastic as the white buckets, got a screw on lid, and a spigot at the bottom? It held 5 gallons. I used one in the U.K. years back but can't find them in the U.S.

I wouldn't have lasted a year without my cornies! I've got 13 of them now, although two are used for soda water. I use them as secondaries and for serving. The only time I bottle is for parties and gifts. Sometimes, I'll put a gallon or two in a spare and take it to a homebrew meeting.

Radarbrew said:
has anyone seen a "keg" for homebrew made out of the same plastic as the white buckets, got a screw on lid, and a spigot at the bottom? It held 5 gallons. I used one in the U.K. years back but can't find them in the U.S.
I think you're talking about King Kegs...they're not available in the US, as far as I know anyway.

Check and see if you have a soda distributor nearby. You may be able to buy some old ones from them. You'll just have to clean them out and change the seals, but then you'll be set.
Cheers, :mug:

Back