What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee now, more of this fine stash later. I think some of the Jolly Monk for a start.

stash_zps47d20e1a.jpg

Yes I had the Faxe (not great) and the humdinger (I loved it) last night already.

Whats the story with the white caps? Are they twist off and hold carbonation? Are they plastic tops?

dcHokie said:
Was that one skunky? I had their Flanders and it was pretty mediocre IMO.

Not skunky, it was from the back of a bottom shelf, where it appeared to have been sitting for several years.

That's more 120 than I could drink in a year. Let us know how the Wootstout is if you try it soon. I'm sitting on a couple bottles, and don't know anyone who has had it yet.

I drank one last night, it's interesting nothing mind blowing but very good for the price.

DisturbdChemist said:
Do it and the weasel too... I might pick some up today after work...

Actually, I think I will drink the Weasel. If not today, then this weekend at some point. Thanks again for that. Ever since I found that one for NIZZLE, I've been wondering what weasel poop coffee beer tastes like. ;)
Are you picking up more Love Child? The new Specs in Tomball has an obscene amount of it on the shelf and in the cooler.

Buxton brewery Wyoming Sheep Ranch double IPA for me and a brewdog dead pony club for the missus - just waiting for her to get off work. Buxton is a town in Derbyshire (not yorkshire as I first said...)

ForumRunner_20130726_174022.png

Noticed they have big swell ipa in cans so will get one of those next.

image-966025811.jpg

Drinking gravity sample of my first ever batch of skeeter pee as I transfer it off the cake/ hit it with finings.

0.997ish. Definitely the dryest beverage I've ever fermented.

Actually, I think I will drink the Weasel. If not today, then this weekend at some point. Thanks again for that. Ever since I found that one for NIZZLE, I've been wondering what weasel poop coffee beer tastes like. ;)
Are you picking up more Love Child? The new Specs in Tomball has an obscene amount of it on the shelf and in the cooler.

6a010536b72a74970b01348592bfaa970c-800wi.jpeg

Hehe! I'm saving mine at least until winter.

Those are 1 Litre PET bottles with screw on lids. For some reason that brewery only uses PET bottles and is very anal about the cold chain for his brews. They are however hands down the best craft brewery in the province I live in. I LOVE the beers.

Whats the story with the white caps? Are they twist off and hold carbonation? Are they plastic tops?

That's probably where i'm going. Going to pick up some cans because how cheap they are right now at spec's. If they have a bunch of love child. I might wait on them because how much they are. I got one in the cellar right now also.

HB Black Pepper Saison. The obscene amount of black pepper flavor in this seems to be fading (a little) with time, which is a good thing.

All home brew, baby! Drinking (in no particular order) a dry Irish stout, a pepper ale, an ESB, and next week my first AG, a cream of three crops ale.

Drinking gravity sample of my first ever batch of skeeter pee as I transfer it off the cake/ hit it with finings.

0.997ish. Definitely the dryest beverage I've ever fermented.

Just cleared mine up yesterday. Very dry indeed! Definitely needs a back sugar. I think I'm going to use kool-aid to flavor this time. Do u think it will stain my bottling bucket?

Stevens Point IPA. Saw it in the back of the bottle cupboard and didn't recognise it. Pretty nice actually.

ForumRunner_20130726_200436.png

Water waiting to get out of work to grab some of these bad boys ;-)

ForumRunner_20130726_151640.png

Arcadia Special Edition - Cellar Aged 3 Year - Cereal Killer

NIZZLE said:
Water waiting to get out of work to grab some of these bad boys ;-)

Arcadia Special Edition - Cellar Aged 3 Year - Cereal Killer

Sounds amazing!

Magic Rock Human Cannonball for me, Thornbridge Jaipur for her.

ForumRunner_20130726_203756.png

That's the last of her wine as well...

Just bottled a saison so I figured I'd drink one. It's tasting much better with another week plus in the bottle. Motueka/citra first wort and those plus a little Amarillo in 'whirlpool'.

image-2734109384.jpg

Might be a little hoppy to call it a 'saison', but 'farmhouse session ipa' is a bit of mouthful.

TNGabe said:
Just bottled a saison so I figured I'd drink one. It's tasting much better with another week plus in the bottle. Motueka/citra first wort and those plus a little Amarillo in 'whirlpool'.

Might be a little hoppy to call it a 'saison', but 'farmhouse session ipa' is a bit of mouthful.

Sounds so refreshing!!

View attachment 137543

pm me and i'll get you my address to ship some to! :D:D

image-4247425246.jpg

Widmer/CCB Gentlemen's Club #1 old fashioned ale aged in rye whiskey barrels. The nose on this thing is 100% whiskey, it smells super-boozy. That does not come through in the taste, now I wish I had bought another bottle to age a bit.

LoloMT7 said:
pm me and i'll get you my address to ship some to! :D:D

I think I actually wrote it down last time. Now I just have to figure out which notebook it's in...

Back