• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Super customized 11 gal ss lined Rubbermaid cooler MT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdjshaw

Reaction score
Here is an awesome MT that I built with nothing but the best parts and highest level of workmanship. There's more than $250 and hours of labour into it. I've brewed with this tun about a year and a half and have had zero problems. Loses 0 degrees over an hour mash. Lid is ss lined as well. The copper manifold is designed to work for fly or batch sparging.
I hate to get rid of it but I'm trying to get into bigger batches. You could easily squeeze lower gravity 10 gal. batches out of this. I've had 26 lbs of grain in it with room to spare (at 1.25 qts/lb).
Here's a quick rundown of the parts I used:
* Fermentap thermometer - http://morebeer.com/products/dial-thermometer-3-face-6-probe.html
* Polar Ware one piece bulkhead - http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/polar-ware-bulkhead.html
* 1/2" stainless steel valve
Asking $275

thumb1_6903-6145.jpg

thumb1_6904-6146.jpg

thumb1_7204-6421.jpg

Will you ship it to mississippi? Wanting to go AG and that thing looks amazing!

Why didn't you use a false bottom?

That would make the extraction much more uniform, consistent, and efficient.

Why didn't you use a false bottom?

That would make the extraction much more uniform, consistent, and efficient.
I usually average low to mid 80's (whenever I bother to calc it). I only batch sparge but designed the manifold to draw evenly from anywhere within the lower part of the vessel. There's a section in How to Brew that covers this. My original plan was ro get a false bottom but I'd already spent enough $ building this thing so I just used the manifold I already had before the conversion - if it ain't broke I ain't fixin' it.

Back