Iphone app ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarrettVD

Reaction score
Greetings fellow homebrewers!

Alongside my home brewing endeavors, I am also an iPhone application developer. I am looking to combine my two passions and make a beer related application. If you have any ideas that you would like to see come to life, feel free to post!

Here's some ideas I came up with...
- beer round tracker
- app that tells you what's on tap at local bars

Trouble is I've got an android so I'm not sure what's already available for the iphone, but I do like the idea of the local tap lists. There are a few places that I like to frequent that have rotating tap lists, and if there was some way to condense those into a single app it would certainly be interesting. I know right now they'll usually post newly tapped beers to their facebook pages, but it seems like it wouldn't work great to have you sitting there updating the app each time a facebook post goes up. But if there were a way to convince the bars that the exposure they'd get from the app would be worth it, you may be able to get them to update their lists on their own so they were already up to date. That way a user could search for a particular bar, a particular beer, or just browse what's in their area to figure out a place to go.

Hi Erik; thanks for the post. I was thinking of a business model similar to that of gas buddy; which is essentially an application that tells you where the cheapest gas is locally. The content is created by the users, who are incentivized by being rewarded points, which they can subsequently use to enter draws for various types of prizes. If I were to do something like that what's on tap application, I would employ a similar model, where frequent bar goers can participate and upload get different varieties of beers that their local bar has. Or, like you say, how's the bar owners themselves update their Beer selection themselves.

I've seen beer round tracker sort of things on Android, not sure about iPhone.

TapHunter is an app for "What's on Tap?" tracking, but the number of locations so far is limited.

I've seen beer round tracker sort of things on Android, not sure about iPhone.

TapHunter is an app for "What's on Tap?" tracking, but the number of locations so far is limited.

I'll check out TapHunter! Thanks. I got some feedback on the round tracker app, and apparently it will make the user look kind of cheap. Which I agree, haha.

How about an app that will allow home-brewers to find other home brewers in their area. Other than here, of course.. I may have other brewers in my neighborhood that i dont know about because the are not registered here. Something like the Guinness pint finder.

How about an app that will allow home-brewers to find other home brewers in their area. Other than here, of course.. I may have other brewers in my neighborhood that i dont know about because the are not registered here. Something like the Guinness pint finder.

It could be fun if it told you when they were planning their next brew session as well, and then you could crash it ...

Greetings fellow homebrewers!

Alongside my home brewing endeavors, I am also an iPhone application developer. I am looking to combine my two passions and make a beer related application. If you have any ideas that you would like to see come to life, feel free to post!

Here's some ideas I came up with...
- beer round tracker
- app that tells you what's on tap at local bars

Not beer related but I want an app that will bactrack spam to it's source and launch a virus that completely disables the spammer's system; but ONLY targets the spammer's system, then self destructs. I want the same app for mallware.
Regards, GF.

Not beer related but I want an app that will bactrack spam to it's source and launch a virus that completely disables the spammer's system; but ONLY targets the spammer's system, then self destructs. I want the same app for mallware.
Regards, GF.

I would love that, as well!:ban:

You could help out the hbt developers to make your subscriptions to update as soon as you hit the subscriptions button. Pet peeve of mine....

Red alert ap. based after st next gen. Where you could hit and say red alert, then the warning signal goes off repeadly. Or self distruct, I think would be funny, for brew days or when in in difficulty with the old lady. Also shields up also.

Back