Revvy's dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ratdog

Reaction score
i just made a "revvy dip tube" and ran a test with just sanitized water and 12 empty bottles. AMAZING. how did i ever bottle without one. thank you revvy. cant wait to bottle on wednesday

whats NSFW mean?

Not Safe For Work. It's what you put in the subject line if there's something in it you wouldn't want someone walking by to see over your shoulder. Like... Revvy's dip tube. ;)

Generally, NSFW posts aren't allowed in here, but you'll see it in other forums.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...but I'm interested in making one. Do you just get a drilled stopper that fits the inside of the bottling valve? So if the opening on the valve is 3/8", do I just use a 3/8" stopper? and where do you get the copper tubing? Can you just get a small length cut at the hardware store? And how long...3 inches? Do you have to bend it yourself?

This is a great mod to the bottle filler! I actually came up with it on my own - before I found this forum - makes it less of a chore.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...but I'm interested in making one. Do you just get a drilled stopper that fits the inside of the bottling valve? So if the opening on the valve is 3/8", do I just use a 3/8" stopper? and where do you get the copper tubing? Can you just get a small length cut at the hardware store? And how long...3 inches? Do you have to bend it yourself?

I got my stopper at my LHBS, and picked up my bottling spigot at the same time. I test fitted the stopper on-site to figure out the best size. As for the dip tube, I bought a new racking cane and used the curved portion from the top for my dip tube. The remaining length has worked well for my BMBF, so I killed two birds with one stone!

For the fastidious brewer that wants only the best... you can buy them. I have one and it works exactly as expected.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/INVERT-TUBE-BACKNUT-P179C104.aspx

E47.JPG

I did the same thing, bought a 90 degree pvc elbow from Lowes for about .90 cents. Works like a charm.

Latest posts

Back