MD Brewday 3.0 - Planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do we do the next brewday????

• December

• January

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, So I spoke to 98 EXL (who has lost internet AGAIN) and he has been tabbed to work, even thouhg he asked off... so no brewing in Severna PK!

We can A. Brew in Takoma Park
B. Move the date
C. Go to EXLs house, and hope no one calls the cops!

Moving the date is fine by me.
Also another first timer question. If were doing combined 10 gallon batches does each person bring ingredients for a 5 gallon and we just double up?

usually,.... someone will go and get all the ingreedients. and then we pay them :)

Jezter is OCD so he always ends up doing it.

usually,.... someone will go and get all the ingreedients. and then we pay them :)

Jezter is OCD so he always ends up doing it.

Actually...98EXL is OCD, but jezter ends up doing it because he buys base grains in bulk.

Usually jezter goes nuts and brings things because we can't get anyone to commit to what they want to brew, who would bring what, or if someone is going to bring an important ingredient then back out the morning of...

My OCD is just that SOMEONE takes control. I called 'not it' earlier - in case y'all missed that. :)

Actually...98EXL is OCD, but jezter ends up doing it because he buys base grains in bulk.

Usually jezter goes nuts and brings things because we can't get anyone to commit to what they want to brew, who would bring what, or if someone is going to bring an important ingredient then back out the morning of...

My OCD is just that SOMEONE takes control. I called 'not it' earlier - in case y'all missed that. :)

but ur ALWAYS it!

ok, well in that case can I call dibs on throwing the brick through his window so we can get in

If we do this on the 13th, I can (takes deep breath) get all the ingredients and have them ready to go. I don't think I'd be able to do so for this weekend - the 6th.

That OK with everyone?

Ok, Cugel is it! Where we gonna do it? I can host..... and Im actually in DC area... which is better for everyone except Data...

Ok, Cugel is it! Where we gonna do it? I can host..... and Im actually in DC area... which is better for everyone except Data...

I would prefer something further east but i dont think I am doing anything that day so I might make the trip. This just seems like its just teasing me by getting further and further away.

Yea, from newark, de according to google maps.... not using adresses though, just cities

Driving directions to Takoma Park, MD
92.6 mi – about 1 hour 40 mins

Driving directions to Severna Park, MD
74.6 mi – about 1 hour 22 mins

so depending on what part of each town it could be less..... or more for that matter

So we need to update the signup list....

December 13 1030 AM Takoma Park MD

Dead guy ale..
Claphamsa
Jezter

Stout
Claphamsa

Dead guy ale
Claphamsa
Jezter
Cugel
Yunus

Stout
Claphamsa
Cugel

Also if we end up with an odd number on the stout I would be willing to add my name to that as well to even it out for batch sizes.

Looks like we need from 6 - 7.5 oz of Perle hops for the Dead Guy. They seem to be unavailable locally at least where I've looked. Does anyone have a reliable source for hops?

According to BYO (Brew Your Own: The How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine - Comparing and Selecting Hops) Perle's sub is Northern Brewer or US Perle.

Everyone OK with US two row for the base malt for the dead guy? 12lbs per batch. There seems to have been some discussion of various malts that would be OK, including Maris Otter.

WE got 4 Ozs of something..... dont remember what tho :(

Do you have a scale suitable for weighing grain?

I may have some MO and Some 2-row, so some batches may be different (which could be a good thing). I'd have to talk to my roommate on Monday to see how much total we have.

Do you have a scale suitable for weighing grain?

Who? Me? I have a digital scale for hops and a small 6 or 8 lb scale for small-scale (get it?? ;) ) grain measurement.

I may have some MO and Some 2-row, so some batches may be different (which could be a good thing). I'd have to talk to my roommate on Monday to see how much total we have.

That sounds good. Do we have a water filter, and a crusher?

I've got a 35lb scale on the way, it MIGHT be here in time, if so I'll bring it. Supposedly it is good for something crazy like .2 oz but if anyone else has a known working scale that would probably be better. I would like to bring mine along anyways just to test it out.

Back