List of PJ Electrical Diagrams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
I've seen several posts that someone should make a thread with all of PJ's amazing diagrams. I don't know if this is all of them, but it should be a good start.

I've put a very basic description above each diagram, but it may not be accurate as I was trying to interpret what I was seeing in the diagram, and I'm not an electrician. If a description is wrong please let me know in a PM.

Single Element BIAB 30A PID
Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-BIAB-30d6.jpg

5500 2 Element 30a EStop PID
Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-30a-e-stop-8a.jpg

50A 5500 2 Element 2 Pump HERMS PID
Auberin-wiring1-a11a-SWA-2451-5500w.jpg

4500 Single Element no pump PID
Auberin-wiring1-a4-4500w-BIAB-30d.jpg

30A 5500W 2 Element 2 Pump (?)
BCS-460-wiring-2-4-a.jpg

30A 5500 Single Element PID
Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-30c1-e-stop.jpg

30A 5500 2 Element 2 Pump Single PID
Auberin-wiring1-a17c-SYL-2352-5500w.jpg

30a 5500 2 Element 2 Pump EStop Single PID
Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-30a-e-stop.jpg

50a 5500 3 Element 3 outlet BCS 460 RIMS
BCS-460-wiring-2-4.jpg

50a 5500 2 Element 4 outlet BCS 460
BCS-460-wiring-2-4-c.jpg

30a 5500 2 element 3 outlet estop BCS 460
Kenneth-BCS-460-wiring-2-4a.jpg

30a 5500 2 element 2 pump single PID estop
Auberin-wiring1-b4-5500w-30a-e-stop-8b.jpg

120v 2000 2 Element 2 pump single PID
Auberin-wiring1-a4-simple-1.jpg

30A 5500 Single Element Single pump dual PID?
Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-30d.jpg

50a 5500 2 element 2 pump 2 PID
Auberin-wiring1-a11a-RM-SYL-2352-5500w.jpg

120v 2000 Single Element Single Pump Single PID EStop
Auberin-wiring1-a4-2000w-BIAB-120V-A.jpg

50a 4500 2 Element 2000w RIMS 2pump 3PID EStop
Auberin-wiring1-a13-Rob-May-SYL-2352-4500w.jpg

50a 5500 2 Element 2 PID 2 Pump Estop
Auberin-wiring1-a11a-SWA-2451-5500w-s.jpg

40a 5500 2 Element 2 PID 2 Pump Estop
Auberin-wiring1-a11a-SYL-2352-5500w.jpg

This would be asking a lot, but could you post a link to where you got each diagram?

And I agree, great work!

This would be asking a lot, but could you post a link to where you got each diagram?

And I agree, great work!

I think the links would be great so that we could see the discussion.
How long did it take you to gather all of these up?
Thanks for doing this.
No good deed goes unpunished.

And I agree, great work!

I think the links would be great so that we could see the discussion.
How long did it take you to gather all of these up?
Thanks for doing this.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Please do not 'dis' OatStraw

All of the diagrams will soon be lost to all.

Sorry, but these are the facts of the issue at hand.

I'm very old and at this time I'm not doing well. If (when) I go, so does my web site & all of the diagrams that I've made. Basic facts.

I've tried a few times over the past year or so to see if the diagrams could be sponsored on this host homebrewtalk... it appears that it's a no dice issue with them... I've tried a few times & I give up now. So sorry...

Save what you can... When I'm gone it's all gone.

I hope you all believe that I've tried my best to support this forum & community.

I really have...

Sorry.

All of the diagrams will soon be lost to all.

Sorry, but these are the facts of the issue at hand.

I'm very old and at this time I'm not doing well. If (when) I go, so does my web site & all of the diagrams that I've made. Basic facts.

I've tried a few times over the past year or so to see if the diagrams could be sponsored on the host... it appears that it's no dice issue with them...

Save what you can... When I'm gone it's all gone.

Sorry.
P-J, really sorry to hear this. You diagrams have been invaluable in my project, as well as countless others found on HBT. I wish you many more years of health and prosperity. As we Russians say, "Na Zdorovye!" ("To Health!")

Speaking of the diagrams - can these be uploaded to one of the free image hostings (ImageShack, etc.) , so they remain for posterity?

P-J,

We briefly discussed doing a diagram. I am so sorry to hear of your health challenges. Know this, and I hope it gives you solice, you have helped more than you will ever know on this forum. I personally, look forward to every post you make. I will pray for you and your health. Some may scoff at this, but you have been a great contributor to many of us! God Bless!

John

P-J,

It's rare for someone to take so much time and effort to create diagrams to fit so many people's personal needs. When I was looking into going electric, you were really the only one that was so eager to help. It's the main reason I became a premium member actually. This kind of content and help was not available anywhere else.

This thread will be super helpful to others.

Thank you and cheers!

P-J,

You have helped many people more than you know. I don't often comment on this sub-forum, but I visit it frequently. I have a half dozen of your diagrams saved for reference. With help from your diagrams, I have been electric brewing 15 gallon batches for a year and a half. Electro-brewing is awesome and you are awesome. Thank you! I hope you feel better soon!

Remember: "You can't take something off the internet, that's like trying to take pee out of a swimming pool. Once it's in there, it's in there."

Thanks again & cheers!

Hey P-J,

I am very sad to hear of your health status. I feel your input is very important and generous, and feel that you are a very good friend.

I've never met you, but through your posts I feel that I have.

What ever is happening I hope that you can post again and again for a long time to come. And that someday I can have a beer together with you.

Hey PJ I replied to your PM before i read your post. Sorry to hear about all that!

We should talk as I host and maintain several websites for companies and would love to preserve all of your great work on my servers.

P-J,

You have helped many people more than you know. I don't often comment on this sub-forum, but I visit it frequently. I have a half dozen of your diagrams saved for reference. With help from your diagrams, I have been electric brewing 15 gallon batches for a year and a half. Electro-brewing is awesome and you are awesome. Thank you! I hope you feel better soon!

Remember: "You can't take something off the internet, that's like trying to take pee out of a swimming pool. Once it's in there, it's in there."

Thanks again & cheers!

Ajgeo I agree, but the directory that he has these images in is not published, so the only way is through direct links. All the direct links are in this website, and if his site expires these image links will no longer work. Archive.net is good but unreliable for forum history.

I will try to add links. I agree that would help. Compiling these took a long time, but not nearly as long or as much effort as the creator put into them.

The electric forum won't be the same without P-J. He was a huge help to my build, and I know I learned a lot from looking at all his other diagrams. I appreciate everything you've done and wish you the best health!!

P-J needs to be entry #1 in the HomeBrewTalk Hall of Fame. He's just been amazingly helpful to so many.

Yes, we definitely need to get all of his drawings on various web servers so they'll always be around and get all of the related threads to point to the places where the drawings can be referenced.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not well, P-J. I hope you get better. This place will not be the same without you.

Bummer to hear about your health PJ. Your contributions and attention to detail are amazing and spot on. It's hard to believe that HBT would not work with you on the issue of your drawings. Maybe TX would chime in here...........

Again thanks PJ!!

First - P-J hasn't gone anywhere and as far as I'm concerned, isn't any time soon, so stow the nonsense to that end.

Second - I agree that P-J has been the "Wizard of Oz" of homebrewing. Working behind the scenes, helpful beyond expectations, and never asking for anything in return. We're better as an electric brewing community because of him!

Goes without saying PJ is the man.

Last year I did a scrape on pj's diagrams so i had all the references in one spot which was just easier for my research and build etc.... It appears the index file is no longer in his web directory so this may not be totally current, but from what I have stashed....

the file names are useful

and you could always do something like this if so inclined....

Or i'm happy to put them someplace more easily accessed with a directory if PJ doesn't care.

just saying... lol

Last year I did a scrape on pj's diagrams so i had all the references in one spot which was just easier for my research and build etc.... It appears the index file is no longer in his web directory so this may not be totally current, but from what I have stashed....

Or i'm happy to put them someplace more easily accessed with a directory if PJ doesn't care.
This is precisely why I changed my web site to a more secure version. Now it looks like I'll have to change my site again.

I object to your publication of all my image files. That is just plainly wrong.

OK i took down any urls that link to all the images that you have published the same urls for all over this site.

If you have put them on the internet ANYWHERE they can be easily found. I thought you put them up here for people to use? Why is it so bad to get the same diagrams all in one place?

If you want them secure, then completely take them offline. That is the only way.

You are a funny dude.

P-J Thank you for the hard work and time you have put in on bettering the electric brew community. You and I haven't had the opportunity to communicate in this forum. But after spending many hours looking over your drawing, you have made me more comfortable building my control panel. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Has far as what just happened, I think he had the best of intentions but may have step over a line. I hope someone with you can come up with a good idea on how your work can be saved for the good of the brewing community.

OK i took down any urls that link to all the images that you have published the same urls for all over this site.

If you have put them on the internet ANYWHERE they can be easily found. I thought you put them up here for people to use? Why is it so bad to get the same diagrams all in one place?

If you want them secure, then completely take them offline. That is the only way.

You are a funny dude.

So sorry. But that is not what I was saying. I do not have any problems with a listing of the drawings or brewing related info. None what so ever. The list you referenced included all of the images and data files on my site. The extra non brew related images and data files are the things I have a problem with.

You certainly can provide the info on the brew related items. No problem with that at all.

Again. So Sorry. I did NOT mean to be harsh with you. Mea Maxima Culpa...

P-J

Well, I was one of those people at one point that said this should be done. I just brewed my third batch on a a eBIAB setup very similar to a PJ diagram.

P-J, Thank you so much for doing these diagrams for us. I found one that exactly suits my needs. How do we go about downloading the diagrams from your web site? I have printed out the one that I'm going to use, but it would be nice to be able to go back to the source after you are gone (which I hope is not as soon as you make it sound). Just how old are you anyway and what is dragging you down? My mother-in-law is 107 so that is what I consider old. In her case everything is wearing out at once pretty much like the "Wonderful One Horse Shay."

P-J;

Hope you feel better. Planning my electric brewery now, these diagrams are invaluable to me. If it helps for ease of back-up and distribution, I can put all these in a single PDF file. That way you have one indexed file versus a number of seperate image files.

Regards,
Kevin

I saw one of P-J’s diagrams that had the emergency power off switch controlling a contactor with the NC contact instead of tripping the GFCI. Does anyone know where to find that diagram?

Really bummed to bear that THE MAN with so much knowledge and generosity to this site is suffering some health issues! I like to think we're all a family here sometimes!

I've been trying to plan a RIMS Toolbox to work on 120v and I have no clue which diagram to go off of, anyone care to offer some helpful advice if our Buddy P-J is still under the weather? I'd like one with lights to let me know when the element is firing as well as an E-Stop, but I'm not sure if any of the above diagrams match that?

Really bummed to bear that THE MAN with so much knowledge and generosity to this site is suffering some health issues! I like to think we're all a family here sometimes!

I've been trying to plan a RIMS Toolbox to work on 120v and I have no clue which diagram to go off of, anyone care to offer some helpful advice if our Buddy P-J is still under the weather? I'd like one with lights to let me know when the element is firing as well as an E-Stop, but I'm not sure if any of the above diagrams match that?

Paul,

Thank you for your kind words.
Here is a diagram that I just finished for you as I did not have one that really fit your description. I hope it matches your needs.

And as always - click on the image to see (and save) a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

I hope this helps you in your adventure.

P-J

I saw one of P-J’s diagrams that had the emergency power off switch controlling a contactor with the NC contact instead of tripping the GFCI. Does anyone know where to find that diagram?
So sorry. I cannot invision a wiring plan that I made that really fits your description.

Was it perhaps a diagram with a mains power off swirch and contactor to drop all power?

P-J

P-J,
I can't remember where I saw the diagram but the style was your's. It was for someone who had bought an EPO switch which only had a NC contact (it seems like it would have been cheaper to buy another switch than to buy a contactor, but he may have already had one). I was going to go that route (using a contactor as the first thing in the box beside the EPO switch) since I'm running a 120V RIMs system just like MyNameIsPaul is planning and the GFCI plug is in the house and I'm brewing in the garage and would hesitate to use the EPO because I would have to go in the house to reset it.
Why do you prefer to trip the GFCI? At first I thought it was because it was cheaper. If the problem that makes you hit the EPO is really something that can shock you, then the GFCI would trip anyway, right?
Anyway, I’m glad that you are feeling better, at least good enough to draw diagrams again. Getting old is not for sissies.

Wow! Auber Insturments is awsome.
I finished building my control panel Wed afternoon and when I plugged it in the contactors made this awful racket like I had wired it up as a buzzer. I checked the wiring and everything looked correct. I then wired 120 directly to the coil and it still made the racket so I was really bummed. But get this. Thursday morning I called Auber instruments and told them the problem and let them listen to the racket and Friday's mail had new contactors in it with a prepaid return mailing label. I can only imagine the problem getting this straightened out if I had bought the contactor off of eBay from China. They are quality people to work with.

Paul,

Thank you for your kind words.
Here is a diagram that I just finished for you as I did not have one that really fit your description. I hope it matches your needs.

And as always - click on the image to see (and save) a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

I hope this helps you in your adventure.

P-J

P-J-

I want to use this scematic with the following exceptions;

-30amp circuit feeding a 3000w element
-Element will be in hlt
-Pump does NOT have to be on to fire the element
-No light for power to the element

If I understand correctly, or not, what I will need to do is;

- Simply omit the light shown next to the element. The heat switch will use the led for on status
- To remove the element dependancy on the pump, the wire leading out of post #8 on the PID will instead lead directly to the relay.

I appreciate your time and feedback.

Regards,
Kevin

Back