• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Prickly Pear Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fruit I got last year was great! I still have half in the freezer to make a prickly pear mead with.

They won't be really ready until September more than likely, so I'll keep a running tab of interested parties. Subscribe to this thread if you want updates, otherwise I'll PM you as things go along.

GTG

Oh, I know. I just wanted to be first in line!! I made Charlie's PP Mead shortly after I got engaged. I let it age and served it at our wedding. The mead combined with kegs of Oct. made for a really, really amazing time. People still tell me it was the drunkest wedding they were ever at. Literally people getting carried out. I have a few bottles saved for anniversaries. Dying to make some more.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, but again consider me first in line.

I'm in the northeast, so there is a bunch of local items I can offer for trade. I also have 6 varieties of well established hops. I can offer the cones or rhizomes as well.

-Peace

Interesting, have heard prickly pears are really good, but never got the chance to try them. Definitely interested in working out a deal come Sept...

A couple of the patches of prickly pears are ready to go now. I'm looking to work out trades for local ingredients/fruit/honey that you may have access to. As an option I can do money for shipped pears as well if needed.

I've done trades with members here for two years now and have had no issues

If I remember correctly I can get about 7 pounds of fruit in a medium USPS flat rate box that I can ship for just under $11.00 anywhere in the continental US.

PM me or reply here if you're interested.

Thanks,
GTG

thumb2_2012-07-15_08-55-47_hdr1-55702.jpg

thumb2_2012-07-15_08-54-54_hdr1-55701.jpg

thumb2_1-55700.jpg

Fruit will be shipped out today for all paid orders. Fruit look good this year and each box has a little over 10 lbs each VS the 7 I estimated.

I've got a bucket of extras if anyone needs some.
There will be more coming up in the next month as well for anyone interested.

GTG

I'll have some wild sand plums that grow here in Oklahoma. Interested?

I am a specialty coffee roaster and would love to trade some product. Let me know what a fair value would be and we could exchange. Sounds delicious!

I'll have some wild sand plums that grow here in Oklahoma. Interested?

I'll trade a 10 lb box of prickly pears for how ever many sand plums will fit in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box.

I am a specialty coffee roaster and would love to trade some product. Let me know what a fair value would be and we could exchange. Sounds delicious!

I'll trade a 10 lb box of prickly pears for how ever much good coffee will fit in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box. What kinds of coffee?

I can get some muscadines here in a month if interested in a swap

I'll trade a 10 lb box of prickly pears for how ever manymuscadine grapes will fit in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box.

PM Me with details and if you're interested y'all!

GTG

How about a quart of grade b Vermont maple syrup?

There's a great a story behind it- my lady and I were in vermont for a long weekend and I spied a flea market we ended up stopping at. We walked around and came to one pickup truck with a few tables with random stuff, one of which had some jugs of syrup. A middle aged man offered us samples which he poured into small dixie cups. I rated it and it was the best syrup is ever had and started talking to him about it. He stopped me and called his older father over. Turns out he retired from farming the year before, and, "needed something to do with his hands," and started sugaring. So I ended up buying a couple gallons...

So far I've used it for breakfast and in apfelwein- tasty (not a lot a flavor comes through in the apfelwein, but I put it in early).

Got mine in a few weeks ago. Sorry for the delay but every thing looks great! I cant wait to make a pale ale or a hefeweizen out of these!! Thanks again!

I still have half of my prickly pears from last year that I got from you in the freezer. They were very good. My hops did crappy this year, and the apples were terrible this year as well. My hot peppers did great though. If you like hot sauce I'm probably going to make a batch soon. Interested in a hot sauce - prickly pear trade? I would like some fresh ones for a prickly pear mead. Thanks

Hi GTG,

I just found your post. I would be interested in getting a 10lb shipment each year. I have honey that I just harvested this year and have some fresh shelled pecans as well. I should have peaches, muscadine, fig, plums and grapes next year. Of course, cash is always an option if you're interest lies in that direction. I will be starting my first mead after the holidays, this year, and would love to start with some Prickly Pear if possible. Please let me know if you have any available this year and what you might be interested in. Best Regards, Bob

Sending a PM your way sir.

GTG

Hi GTG,

I just found your post. I would be interested in getting a 10lb shipment each year. I have honey that I just harvested this year and have some fresh shelled pecans as well. I should have peaches, muscadine, fig, plums and grapes next year. Of course, cash is always an option if you're interest lies in that direction. I will be starting my first mead after the holidays, this year, and would love to start with some Prickly Pear if possible. Please let me know if you have any available this year and what you might be interested in. Best Regards, Bob

I'll be buying hops in bulk here soon and always have more than I need since I pick up a lb of a number of varieties. I'd be happy to trade some. I could also throw in some Amaranth from the garden if you're interested... odd trade but it's growing like crazy so let me know!

Being that I have to wait about another month to trade said items above I could just pay for a box. Whatever works. Thanks!

Hops trade sounds good. PM me a list of what you have please. Let me look into the amaranth.
GTG

I'll be buying hops in bulk here soon and always have more than I need since I pick up a lb of a number of varieties. I'd be happy to trade some. I could also throw in some Amaranth from the garden if you're interested... odd trade but it's growing like crazy so let me know!

Being that I have to wait about another month to trade said items above I could just pay for a box. Whatever works. Thanks!

I would like to try the pricky pears but I am unsure what I have access to up here that you don't. Are you looking for anything specific?

I have an unlimited amount of blackberries and im looking for honey is anyone interested? I could get about a gallon in with some cold packs into a flat rate box.

Nothing to trade, but I'd love to get some. Feel like trading cash for a flat rate box full? Johnlboswell AT hotmail.com I'm in Philadelphia 19134

GTG, would like to purchase as I don't have much to trade. What the cost for a flat rate box full?

Back