Single Vessel RIMS???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingBrewer22

Reaction score
Sounds odd... I know. Essentially, my SWMBO wants me to get out of brewing but I am not going to stop. However, I have agreed to downgrade my system to clear up some space. So, instead of a 3 vessel BCS-460 controlled RIMS system I was wondering if it would be possible to have a single vessel RIMS system, electric controlled (not necessarily by BCS). I have no idea if and how this would work because it just came to my mind a few hours ago.

Help, advice, or pointing me to established threads on the topic are needed. Cheers! :mug:

you could make a braumeister clone, or a BIAB rig with a rims tube or just an urn and BIAB with it. The problem with the second option is you still have to work out how you would boil, if you have a fired kettle then you could use the rims tube to do the mash and then remove the bag and direct fire the kettle, there are a lot of options you could go with. By the way show SWMBO the price of a braumeister and say that you will have to get that, then maybe she will let you keep your brewery the way it is.

cheers matho

Just tell her she can keep her 7/8ths of the closets and medicine cabinet and you are going to keep your brewing rig. :D

Back