Mug chillers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermish

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a mug chiller like they would a chest freezer to serve cornies from? They seem like they are about the same thing, but I have no experience with them having never been a bartender. The reason I ask is because I see them on sale on craigslist from time to time. Right now I see the 36" one on the link below for $650. Is that a deal, and could I make it work? http://www.kclcutsheets.com/PDF/PC/rc_fr_series_0206.pdf

how cold does the mug get? if its making a freezing cold mug, I wouldn't want one. frosty mugs are good for drinking BMC because there's no flavor or aroma to lose from drinking it too cold.

good beer shouldn't be ice cold any more than a merlot should be served cold. great way to ruin a good beverage.

malkore said:
how cold does the mug get? if its making a freezing cold mug, I wouldn't want one. frosty mugs are good for drinking BMC because there's no flavor or aroma to lose from drinking it too cold.

good beer shouldn't be ice cold any more than a merlot should be served cold. great way to ruin a good beverage.

Sorry if I confused you, I was asking if anyone has used one to either serve cornies from, or ferment in. I'm not sure about the actual inside size, and temperature.

I'd say if you got a good deal and it works, great!

$650, however, seems pretty steep to me. I bought my chest freezer used for $85, and she holds six cornies, and a #5 CO2 tank with room to spare. Look for used equipment to save money.

Back