Beersmith question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a recipe that I'm going to brew next weekend and it calls for 10oz of bourbon and 4oz of vanilla extract. These things are not in the software as far as I can see. Does anyone know the info that I need to put in for these?
Also it does not list "brewers 2-row" so I made a new grain for it but I'm not sure I have the info right. Any help on these would be great.
:mug:

You should be able to contact either your supplier or the manufacturer and get all of the data that you need (gravity potential, degrees Lovibond, etc.).

And what kind of beer are you making? The "brewer's 2-row" can likely be entered as either the US, Belgian, German, or UK 2-rows that are already there! You'll likely being using one of those in reality.

INeedANewHobby said:
And what kind of beer are you making? The "brewer's 2-row" can likely be entered as either the US, Belgian, German, or UK 2-rows that are already there! You'll likely being using one of those in reality.
My bourbon stout.
I will be using the Briss brewers 2-Row.

Here are the "specs" on the Briess 2-row :) I'd start with the US 2-row in Beersmith, and then modify the properties of the grain in your recipe based on that page (did that make any sense?). Hope it helps!

Latest posts

Back