Kegging wild brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zendog

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question for those who keg their wild beers. I carbonate and serve all of my beers on a 5-tap keezer. This will be my first Brett beer and would like to carbonate and serve it on the CO2 system, but I'm wondering if the Brett could infect the CO2 line and manifold (and possibly neighboring CO2 lines). I plan to dedicate a keg and cobra-tap serving line so that's no issue. What about the CO2 lines? Is there any cause for concern here?

I wouldnt worry, no real way for yeast to move against all the pressure in those lines, so unless you have a conniption and toss beer everywhere it would be a problem, even then I doubt youd have an issue

a ball valve or check valve would stop any back pressure if your "T"ing of of 1 line.. ive had friends that have hooked new kegs up without closing all their valves and sucked the head pressure off the other kegs so yes there is some concern from that.. i use a soda Co2 manifold that has check valves built in....

Back