Oetiker Clamps - Decent Price to Get Started?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuateBrewer

Reaction score
Been wanting to phase out my hose clamps with the Oetiker Clamps.

Looked at a few listings on Amazon and it all looks pretty pricey?

What size would I need for the red airline tubing and the beverage line tubing for a kegerator?

Amazon.com: Oetiker PEX Clamp Pincher Tool: Home Improvement

This should 150 bucks just for the pliers!! Seriously??

Anyone know where to pick up the same thing but not perhaps Oetiker brand for less?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get this at Northern Brewer for about 14 bucks.

ear-clamping-tool.jpg

Harbor Freight has them for about 9 bucks. I have one from NF and it works great.

tile snips also work very well.

Oetiker clamps don't realy seem practical to me though, they're not reusable, you need a special tool to apply them and they provide no better tightening than regular hose clamps.

They are a lot better than hose clamps, I use them on my soda system and a lot of my kegging setup. I just bought front end snips from someplace really cheap (Like the $2 parts bin at an ace hardware) and they work just fine for applying and removing the clamps.

Another vote for the same tool Ed has. I bought it at NB, but you can get it right at the Depot, too (the tool is for cutting off nailheads). Even if you wanted the real deal:

oetiker-clamper.jpg

NB has that, too, in stock for $37.

I personally like the tool I have; it's pretty damn useful in the toolbox regardless.

I just order a whole bunch of these things from McMaster Carr. Depending on the OD, Outside Diameter of your tubing, I used McMaster P/N 52545K52 to support my 1/4" line which has an OD of 0.500". Fits perfect!

Measure your tubing then match that to the range specified on McMaster's site. They only have about 50 sizes to choose from.

Good luck!

They are a lot better than hose clamps, I use them on my soda system and a lot of my kegging setup. I just bought front end snips from someplace really cheap (Like the $2 parts bin at an ace hardware) and they work just fine for applying and removing the clamps.

what makes them function better? I've noticed no difference in seal or quality between hose clamps and oetiker clamps.

The ID of the oetiker clamps is smoother and rounder than hose clamps, which have a flat spot from the screw housing. Screw clamps work fine for most people, though.

Latest posts

Back