What is the largest bottle you have used?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honreth

Reaction score
The title says it all.
I have seen many regular bottles ranging from the 12 oz up to a 1 Liter...
I generally bottle mine in 1 Liter bottles if I don't Keg it.

This weekend I filled up one that has to be at least 2-3 liters. Which isn't all that big untill you stand it up next to a 12 oz beer bottle. Will post pics here shortly.

I've carbed in 1 to 2 growlers on 4 occasions. Works great for one gallon brews.

Lil under a gallon and a half I believe...

IMAG0004.jpg

At home I used to use 750ml bottles quite often. When I was working at Bell's (then known as Kalamazoo Brewing Co.) we sometimes used Magnums for Expedition Stout, Third Coast Old Ale and Cherry Stout. We once bottled some Third Coast Old Ale in a Methuselah, which is a 6L bottle.

HPIM2475.jpg

It's a party bottle. This was it full last year waiting for my college graduation party. I opened a 3L at a party a few weeks ago. It went pretty quick actually. They're just a ***** to pour. I need to build a hinged cradle for pouring purposes. Empty the 9L is around 13lbs and full it's like 35 I think.

Back