AHB - Special Holidale ALE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinb

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this kit?

Is there much of a flavor improvment between the extract and mini mash?

SHA.jpg

I brewed this last year, Partial Mash, and will be brewing it again except that I've converted it to AG for this year.

You're going to get liquid gingerbread either way! :mug: I'm sure you'll get more of a chocolate/caramel flavor since you'll be mashing the specialty grains. I can't compare between the two as I've only done the PM version.

Edit: Don't throw away the spice pack that it comes with. The website does not list the amounts of spice, but the packet does. This way you can use fresher spices for next year if you like it, or, I could give you the measurements if you want. :p

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to brew this soon and age for the Holidays.

I made this one a few years ago. Easily one of my best beers ever. I had family over at Christmas and everyone was raving over it. Even my Miller Lite lovin' nephews who are in their early 20s kept going back to the fridge for another one. I would definitely do this one again.

What did you use for yeast? The kit comes with Muntons, but I plan to use something else.

Back