La Folie Clone - the journey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice website, I think I may try to brew this up in the near future. Had the beer, it wasn't the best Flanders that I have tried, but it would be interesting to try to clone.

1234 said:
Nice website, I think I may try to brew this up in the near future. Had the beer, it wasn't the best Flanders that I have tried, but it would be interesting to try to clone.

Thanks for the compliment. I love La Folie because of its extreme sourness. I know it's not balanced, and there a better examples, but it's fun to drink. Especially when you have a uninitiated try it. :)

Were the ingredients just a guess, or did you come up with their actual ingredient list? It is different than what BYO had in it, but that doesnt necesarrily mean anything.

skeezerpleezer said:
Were the ingredients just a guess, or did you come up with their actual ingredient list? It is different than what BYO had in it, but that doesnt necesarrily mean anything.

The ingredients were a combination of things I've learned from various sour beer articles, BYO's recipe, and my own brewing experience. The OG was good and the color is real close. Can't wait to taste the outcome.

Just wanted to post an update pic. The primary fermentation is finally starting to slow and the krausen is falling back into solution. It has been an interesting primary to watch, slow and steady fermentation for a long period at 75F. The krausen looks different then usual, larger bubbles and frothy. What is yet to come?

image-1561994141.jpg

It takes a few months. My pellicles dont normally form until about 2-3 months after primary is over and the beer has been in the same place undisturbed for that period.

Latest posts

Back