Favorite 3 HBT recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
I've tried a number of recipes that I got off HBT that turned out to be absolutely fantastic beers. I thought I'd share them and I'm interested in others input for new recipes to try :)

So, from the perspective of an APA addict, the recipes that have really impressed me are:

1. Bee Cave Brewery's Haus Pale Ale - Just made this. turned out absolutely fantastic.
2. Nierra Sevada - Excellent session PA
3. Cream of 3 Crops - not a personal favorite, but very popular with my BMC friends. I'm proud of how brilliantly clear and clean this beer tastes/turned out.

Cheers to everyone's contributions on HBT. Now what to brew next ...

1) Death Brewers Vienna/NB SMaSH
2) BM's Centennial Blonde
3) Ed's Haus Pale Ale (although I haven't brewed it in a while. I need to do that)

+1 one on that subscribed. Awesome thread and a great place for ideas.

alot of these are all-grain
would be nice for a beginner like me to see some favourite extract brews =]

I'm an extract brewer. So far my favorites have been

1. Amarillo IPA
2. Deception Cream Stout
3. Centennial Blonde

In no specific ranking:

Bee Cave Brewery's Haus Pale Ale
BM's Centennial Blonde
Orfy's Mild

All three were great recipes for a novice AG brewer,simple to brew and tasty. My next brew on deck will be BM's Black Pearl Porter

Please include at least the username of the creator! Links are AWESOME and so much more likely to get clicked, thanks frazier

fantastic posts so far. I was looking for a great amber recipe... I may try Yooper's Hopped-Up Amber next!

I find that many of the 'HBT original' recipes taste more inspired then what you find in your average clonebrew recipe book.

Cheers

1. Yoopers Dogfish Head 60 minute clone - better than the real thing!!
2. Cream of Three Crops - like someone else said, great for guests that are scared of homebrew. This beer is ridiculously clear.
3. Thunderstruck pumpkin ale. Really hits the spot for Halloween/t-giving.

Orfy's Mild Mannered Ale isn't getting enough love! It rocks!
I'm fermenting my second batch of the Haus Pale Ale. First go, the beer didn't last to long in the keg. :D

Only two for me. Guess I need to brew more.

Graff. Pretty tasty, no doubt about it.

I've got lots of recipes from HBT on my list to brew, but Graff is the only one I've brewed so far.

Only been able to brew a few from the HBT recipe base, all aside from one (brewer error on my end) have turned out great.

Subscribing to this thread for future ideas. :cross:

1. Blood orange Hefe
2. Brandon O's Graff
3. My experimental Goldenberry Kolsch

A lot of HBTer's also have their recipes entered on the Brewmasters Warehouse site. You can order the entire recipe with one click. (No, I don't work for BMW)

Da Yooper's House Pale Ale - Have modified this slightly and it is my house Pale Ale. A great hop schedule to base APA recipes off of.

BM's Centennial Blonde

Ed Wort's Bee Cave Brewery Rye IPA (AG) (In India Pale Ale)
Professor Frink's India Brown Ale (AG) (In Specialty Beer)
BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter (AG) (In Porter)

This is by no means a situation where the three brews listed above stand head & shoulders above the rest. Several others I've brewed recently and which are now conditioning (cf. Yooper's Undead Guy & House Pale Ale) are movin' up fast!

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale
Biermuncher's Blue Balls Belgian

That's all I've tried thus far.

This seems good! I just brewed a BiaB version of the Haus Pale that seems popular here so...

Subscribed

Subscribed!

Also...
Deception Creme Stout
Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale
Yooper's 60 Minute

I haven't brewed a whole lot of beers from the database, but the two I have tried turned out absolutely wonderful:

Bob's Coal Porter
Bob's Session Mild

The funny thing is, when I joined HBT, I got into an argument with Bob over something or another :)

Lil Sparky's Nut Brown!!!!!

And appropriately dubbed as the Double Slutty Triple Nutty Bodacious Booty Nut Brown Ale! Neighbors came from far and wide for this one!

Back