mini keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozongo

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread under this topic and got nada responses. We will be racking this weekend again would love to get and answer.

My son just aquired (blessed with) a couple hundred bucks worth of equipment for free.:ban:

One of the items is the party star mini tap system in this thread.We loaded a proper #16 cartdridge and all the Co2 blew out the blowout hole in the co2 holder.I don't want to waste any more cartridges with this tap untill we can figure out what is wrong.I guess we just don't know how to operate this or we are missing some parts.
If any one out there with a scanner could scan the complete directions and a parts list and email them to me,I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks
Mo

I personally cannot answer your question, but EdWort and Homebrewer 99 both have a lot of knowledge regarding this system. If they don't respond to this thread (which I'm sure one of them will given enough time) you could always send a PM.

Hope that helps some. :mug:

Did you wet (lubricate) the tap shaft prior to inserting it into the bung? (Cheese...no comments here, please...:D )

After the tap is in place then you insert the cartridge into the holder and turn it to puncture...OK, you already know that part...but you have to have the tap set in place first.

If this doesn't get it get back to me.

You have to ensure that the tiny little o-ring is in place where the tip of the cartridge seals against the seat. You also need to quickly and firmly tighten the cartridge holder against the housing.

I got fed up with these mickey mouse units and 'retired' them to a display shelf. There's too many drawbacks to make them practical. I wouldn't waste my time and energy on them.

I remember seating the unit down through the bung and then the lever thing came off.At 1st we thought is was broken but figured out its position.I believe we did put the cartridge in after the tap was set.I will look to see if the o-ring is there tonight.

I've only opened up one of these kegs so far (new to homebrewing) and the tap system worked pretty well. As far as the CO2, I would not even put the cartridge in at first. When I opened mine up, I immediately charged it with some CO2 and all I was able to get out of the tap was foam. After I removed the tap and released some pressure, it worked great.

I know these systems are the subject of very mixed reviews, but I've had good results so far. I wouldn't argue that a full keg system is BETTER, but for those who can't afford kegging or don't have the space this system works pretty well.

Success! Looked everything over again lastnight and tapped into some really aged beer:tank: evrything is working now.Tomorrow is bottling day:ban:

Back