Deep Six needs *your* help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm trying to cover the ceiling of my bar with decorated dollar bills and it is becoming a slow process. You can read more about the bar here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/deep-six-brewery-back-action-164889/

We started talking about it last night and thought it would be very cool to get as many other homebrewers from the forum to send me decorated dollars (which also have your handle and are dated). So here is the deal, I will PayPal you your dollar(s) plus shipping back if you include your PayPal address in the envelope. How many people would be interested??

The address is:

Deep Six Brewing Co
P.O. box 1413
Valdosta, GA 31602

And, for better or worse, Here is the ceiling as it stands today..
10-30-11b.jpg

Um, isn't that illegal? Not that I care ..
. Just asking.

Actually it is not illegal to modify or otherwise destroy money as long as it is not for the intent of passing it off fraudulently. Those anti-counterfeit pens are a good example, stores mark on the bills all the time with those. Technically (it is my understanding that) the bills are still legal tender as long as both serial numbers are readable and present. I would not expect a business to accept a billing that was heavily altered (like that red one), but there are a ton of bills in circulation with writing all over them.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to crap your thread to will edit my posts, should have been a pm question.

Shoot me a pm with the address and I will send you one! No need to repay the dollar! You could alternatively turn this in to a contest! Maybe a raffle using the serial numbers of the bills ppl send? Have a few deep six t shirts as prizes? The charge for the raffle could just be the sent dollar with postage!

Shoot me a pm with the address and I will send you one! No need to repay the dollar! You could alternatively turn this in to a contest! Maybe a raffle using the serial numbers of the bills ppl send? Have a few deep six t shirts as prizes? The charge for the raffle could just be the sent dollar with postage!

Certainly not a bad idea! I could do that.. Also, look at the first post for the po box I've set up.. Thanks!

Yeah I saw the po box and forgot! Haha! If you do tshirts I would even be interested in buying one! Your logo is incredible!

So I'm game for whatever.. I will pay people back who want it or would gladly do some t-shirts or koozies with deep six on them as a raffle. I just want some help! I need to get this into the hands of some home brew clubs..

ill send you as many decorated dollars as it takes to get a t shirt or pint glass. I could only find womens shirts on your website. SWMBO is an artist so they would be very nice dollars.

ill send you as many decorated dollars as it takes to get a t shirt or pint glass. I could only find womens shirts on your website. SWMBO is an artist so they would be very nice dollars.
You could just order one from his Zazzle site. Just pick a men's shirt in the options.

Here you go

This'd make a neat bar top too; lay them out and pour that acrylic stuff over them.

Are obscenities OK? I have one given to me by a sore loser to a bet. Edit... sending it you anyway it will be the F You one dated 12-21, I don't remember the year but it has to be at least 6 years old.

Are obscenities OK? I have one given to me by a sore loser to a bet. Edit... sending it you anyway it will be the F You one dated 12-21, I don't remember the year but it has to be at least 6 years old.

Obscenities are OK.. My hopes are that it doesnt become the overall theme of the ceiling but it's all good.. Thanks much guys! I'll post pics as the bills arrive..!

Cool! I actually spent a few drunken minutes on it.

My avatar pic is from a Carnival Cruise vacation. They own a private island named Half Moon Kay. When we arrived at the island the first thing we saw was a bar, and this guy. I think they named the island after him.

I got my HBT name, my brewery name, my avatar and my sig on there.

Who's next?

I'm down I keep forgetting about it though next dollar I get I don't use on the powerball is yours.

Back