Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batter Up Brews - Huge baseball fan and think it provides a good theme for my brew names, like my bottle conditioning Fall Classic Amber, fermenting Perfect Game Porter and in the works Tripel Play Belgian.

Logo:
batter-up-brews-58248.png

I'm not into baseball, but I AM into word play and themes... I dig the theme, and the beer names, and especially the scribbled logo... It's actually a really awesome logo, did you draw it?

McGookin is my maternal grandparents' name. As my only uncle (from that side) had but one girl, the name is not making it to another generation. At least it can live on on my beers.

The traditional crest features a row of cocks (the avian sort) and the first brew I actually labelled was called Cock's Comb, so the logo became a rooster holding a pilsner glass. It's ended up on my labels and my homemade tap handle.

I have started to think of a name, but I'm not real good at that sort of thing.
Does "Bibendum Bier Werks" sound alright? The idea"came" to me while watching a movie. Anyone care to guess what movie?

I'm not into baseball, but I AM into word play and themes... I dig the theme, and the beer names, and especially the scribbled logo... It's actually a really awesome logo, did you draw it?

I used Illustrator to make the logo, started with just a silhouette and added layers and distortions to make it look the way it does.

Started brewing this past summer and at the time I got started my dad was killed in a auto accident, my brother n I were at the brew shop that day now that I think about it, but I committed to at least doing one batch to him and now almost 7 months later I had done close to 7 batches and have moved up to AG,

"Papa Doc Brewery" is the name, for in the neighborhood we grew up in we just called our fathers papa doc, why, no friggin clue lol but it's a tribute and every batch has gotten better, and the motto on the labels " the times we had, and the good ones to come"

Started brewing this past summer and at the time I got started my dad was killed in a auto accident, my brother n I were at the brew shop that day now that I think about it, but I committed to at least doing one batch to him and now almost 7 months later I had done close to 7 batches and have moved up to AG,

"Papa Doc Brewery" is the name, for in the neighborhood we grew up in we just called our fathers papa doc, why, no friggin clue lol but it's a tribute and every batch has gotten better, and the motto on the labels " the times we had, and the good ones to come"

my condolences for the loss of your father and a nice tribute to him

We have a neighbor that thinks our dogs bark too much. One is a German Shepherd mix and has the Shepherdnattitude,map yes he barks at people in front of the house. Well the neighbor called county animal control and they that our dog wasn't a problem barker. The neighbor stated he would take care of problem himself and the county went nuts, ESP since he is a county employee.

Hence the name "Barking Dog Brewing"

My most obvious feature is that I have a massive head - the barely able to find a hat to fit kind of head and sure to make children that will be born C-section. So it seemed obvious, "Big Dome Brew." I figured that the reputation isn't leaving, so I might as well go with it.

When I got my brewing equipment back about a month ago, after an 8-year hiatus, I got my friend into brewing. We refer to my friend as "the mermaid" because she looks like one. I live on a yacht in Miami, and cannot brew beer on it because it moves too much, the temperature fluctuates, and when we have a charter, I'd have move all that stuff off the boat, and well...fermenting worts don’t like to travel. So, we came up with "The Mermaid Brewery" where we set up the 15-gallon brewpot poolside to brew our delicacies.

We named our beers along with that theme. We have Mermaid Tail Pail Ale (misspelled “pale” intentionally because the label for that one will be a mermaid tail in a pail splashing in a delicious amber colored IPA), and High Tide Wheat, f/k/a Rock Your World Wheat (what I called it when I was a landlubber), due to the high alcohol content created by all the extra honey I add. Next, we have Sanctuary Summer Ale, named after my yacht, Sanctuary. Sanctuary Summer Ale is modeled after Sam Adam’s Summer Ale. After that, there is Sandbarhopper Ale, for which I don’t have a recipe, but I love the name. I was thinking of something really hoppy, but I don’t think I can make anything hoppier than the Mermaid Tail Pail Ale which is pretty much a close of Sierra Nevada’s Torpedo Ale, extra IPA. Lastly, I want to come up with a Junkanoo Brew, named after some incredible trips we’ve taken on the boat to the Bahamas. At first, I thought of perhaps a Kalik clone, but then, Kalik is a really crappy beer, and I’m not going to brew crap.

If anyone has any ideas for our Sandbarhopper Ale, or the Junkanoo Brew (maybe a amber ale, or a dark beer?)

Cheers!

Ang....(and the mermaid!)

Yellow Room brewery...

Because the room all my stuff is in is yellow...
Ignore the purple hearts they are not that noticeable.
I bought the house from my sister and it was my nieces room. (7 yrs ago)

I am a big fan of UofM and I have a bumper sticker on my car that says M GO BLUE! So in that theme, I named my home brewery M GO BREW! Brewing Co.:mug:

I'll copyright mine, but trademarking would mean I'd have to defend it. I can't afford that now. (That's how I understand it... I am not a lawyer.)

Baritone Johann Brewhouse

Baritone Johann is an anagram of my name, Jonathan O'Brien.

monty-python inspired logo in the works!

I'll copyright mine, but trademarking would mean I'd have to defend it. I can't afford that now. (That's how I understand it... I am not a lawyer.)

In Washington State when you apply for a business license you can Trademark Register your name at the same time for like five bucks. I told them I only wanted to Register the name and not actually apply for the liquor license until later and they were cool with that.

image-193114194.jpg

This is what I have come up with. The story behind this is that I have six kids. I love them more then anything. I want my family to be as much as a part of my operation as I am. So some day I will open the doors to Six Feet brewing co.

Let me know how you guys like it. I am always open to suggestions.

Will you accept brew pubs?
Mine would be "Tub to Pub: Brews, Blues, and BBQ". No good story, I just like the sound of it and for some reason, way too many people believe I brew beer in a tub.

MMJfan said:
Nice to know that 4 year education at least helps you learn how to spell Ohio...

Although, maybe not now that I think about it. I think half the student body learns the first half and the other half of the student body learns the back half... :D

Oh how I hate Ohio State... :p

I married a Michigan fan. I grew up on a steady diet of Notre Dame and Ohio State. Our dogs name is Buckeye.

Go Irish! Go Buckeyes!

This is a lame story. The term “thin blue line” refers to the culture of police silence when officers get in trouble. The Blue Line is the border of the Adirondack State Park. It is often used in the phrases inside or outside the Blue Line. Historically it comes from the fact that the border of the Adirondack Forest Preserve was blue on the government maps.

Lazy Hammock Brewing Co.

No real story behind it. I have a hard time coming up with names for things. For example... when naming my dog after I adopted him, (I lived in a fraternity house), I looked at the shelf of liquor bottles going around my room. My dog's name is Jager...

Aaaaaaanyways. I love camping and I love laying in hammocks (I used to have one from one side of my bedroom to the other). There's nothin better than a lazy day swinging in a hammock with a cool breeze blowin. Other than having an ice cold homebrew at the same time... bring the two together... Lazy Hammock Brewing Co.

Well when my first batch is done, Im calling it Devil Hole Brewing.

Story comes from my house and GF. I have an old cestrin in my basement in which I knocked down one of the walls, cleaned it all out and is now going to be my storage spot for my beer to condition. My GF hates how dark and cold it is, and she calls it the devils hole. Always talking about how the devil lives in the hole. So its now devils hole brewing.

Red-Rig Brewing Co.

After the 1968 Jeepster Commando that my dad bought and rebuilt. He passed 4 years ago and its in reverence to him. I have the Jeep now, and it turns heads on the road.
beerlabellogo.jpg

I can also keep the jeep theme involved for the different styles of beer I make!

Pugface brewery.

We have a pug. We love are pug. She is hilarious. Therefore:

Pugface.

We're still working on logos, labels, etc. but a good friend of mine is an amazing designer/artist and has been helping. I just bought some bottle caps from Bottle Mark, and we are really excited! This is the graphic we used for the cap (ill add some pic of them when I get them).

image-2547805439.jpg

Also, my mother sells printing and is really excited to print some test labels for us!

The pipe line is full of ideas and good help! I'll post some label photos when i get them as well!

Everyone on here is really inspiring! It's awesome to see everyone's hard work and great ideas come to life - even if it only live in our kitchens/garages/man caves!

More to come...

Back