Metroid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
WOW.

Metroid other M has now placed the Metroid franchise at the pinnacle of my gaming all time list.

The old NES and N64 games were fun as hell at the time.

Metroid Prime took the idea of the original and morphed it into the most mesmerizingly bas ass first person game imaginable. the Wii version took it 1 step further with the pointer moving the gun so seamlessly you lose yourself in the realsim of it.

i was at first put off by Metroid other M, because it doesn't use the nunchuck........how can you get the immersive realism with just the wiimote?

Other M blends the simplicity of the original side scroller, with the ability to point the wiimote at the screen and suddenly switch to first person view and blast with the pointer as seamlessly As in the metroid prime 1,2,3.

Metroid Prime is the most immersive first person shooter possible. I am not arguing that it is better than other games (although I will) but this does put the wii forward as the single best platform (again not arguing best games necessarilly) since you point a gun, you point the pointer. No little crosshairs on the screen moved by a toggle can touch it.

Metroid and Kid Icarus are my all-time favorite games. They blew "Zelda" out of the water!

You never played prime on the wii.

Yes. I bought the special edition pack for my nephew and played it. They are all addicted to it over there. Even caught my older sister playing it. It's just not my thing.

I don't think anything can compete with my memories of playing the original for hours on end with my BIL. And the twist at the end that blew our minds.

Yes. I bought the special edition pack for my nephew and played it. They are all addicted to it over there. Even caught my older sister playing it. It's just not my thing.

I don't think anything can compete with my memories of playing the original for hours on end with my BIL. And the twist at the end that blew our minds.

Right on! I understand. The original was fantastic! So was Super Metroid for NES.

Really just the immersive quality of running along and independantly aiming your gun wherever is amazing.

Mega Man II was the coolest ever.

That was a good one. I think it is $5 to download that one to the wii console. May have to do that.

Oh God don't make me pick between Zelda and Metroid!

Zelda was the first game which had a BATTERY and you could SAVE GAMES!!! Plus it came in a GOLDEN CARTRIDGE!!

Hell. Super Mario Bros is far from my favorite, buit can we honestly overlook it for best franchise????????

I still have my original NES and was playing Metroid earlier this year. Favorite all time game.

I think I can find Metroid to play on my daughters DS. I loaded up a memory card to run cracked software, so all I have to do it download the ROM information to the card.

It (metroid nes) is $5 on the wii. 30 second download and you are playing.

Super metroid is $8 but you need a supernes controller....

It (metroid nes) is $5 on the wii. 30 second download and you are playing.

Super metroid is $8 but you need a supernes controller....

Crap.. I dont' have any old controllers. Wait, I think I bought a gamecube controller at a yard sale once. I'll have to check.

We have all of these awesome game systems and my daughter still prefers to play those lame browser flash games. WTF is wrong with this new generation?

I would have killed for a NES when I was her age! When I was her age I busted my ass all summer to earn enough money to by an Atari 2600!

I am sure super nes controllers are on ebay, but then you need a cord extension...and then you have to re-arrange your entertainment center, etc.

I have downloaded 2 of the castlevania series to the wii. My kids LOVE them!

Actually.......just about the best NES era game I ever played....was Herzog Zwei on the Sega genesis.

SO far ahead of it's time.

You are a transport plane/robot. You order missile launchers, tanks, etc. and program all of these items with a mission..(stay, patrol, attack nearest enemy base, etc.)

You take over bases and eventually attack the enemy's main base and destroy it to win.

7-8 differrent terrain, 4 levels of difficulty, a pretty vicious computer player, or 2 player head to head.

The graphics still look good today.

I've been known to play it once in awhile. I have a MAME ROM for it on one of my computers

Interesting!

Passingly investigated buying a Genesis and Herzog on ebay, but I would hate to buy it just to have it crap out.

On the wii or computer is definitely preferable to physically storing the cartridge.

DAMMIT WII!!!

not sure if many of you have seen my OTHER hobby... Building Arcade machines... Here is mine playing Metroid the other night... :) It has over 13000 games... I know... insane... But just about every system out there, minus the new generation, xbox, etc...

IMAG1804.jpg

A friend of mine has (had) two old arcade machines. He was first interested in having his brother help repair the Asteroid game, but then had the idea to turn it into a MAME console with integrated kegerator. I don't think he's worked on this at all, unfortunately.

What would be cool would be a Gauntlet game you can play with friends. Each time someone dies, you take a drink and jump back in.

Back