My keezer......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blip01

Reaction score
Working on my keezer project for fathers day. Started with a magic chef 10 cu ft freezer. Collar is 1x6 poplar. I decided to get rid of the lid altogether, laid plywood, backer board, and tile. Still need to grout and add trim around the edged of the lid. The lid is f#*%in heavy now, so I added a handle.

Inside I have 2 cornys, a Kegcowboy 2 keg kit, and a computer fan to circulate the air.

I used the thermostat adjustment method detailed in the DIY thread and its sitting at 40F.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

Looking good. Since you are storing bottles inside, you need a bottle opener mounted to the collar!!

All wrapped up in its new home....it passed the "looks good enough to come upstairs test".

Think I might leave the collar natural. It matches the wood in our wine cooler.

keezer1.jpg

keezer2.jpg

keezer3.jpg

keezer6.jpg

keezer4.jpg

Get some Perlicks on that baby. The finish work is far too pretty for those faucets! Regardless, it looks great.

When you say you are going to leave it natural, do you mean use a natural stain, or just not stain? I used a natural stain on my shelving I built and it kept the integrity of the color very well.

Probably just a natural stain. Maybe something just to get the grain to pop a bit, but I like the light color of the wood.

Perlicks, meh, unless I have issues with these taps sticking badly they're fine for me. No one I drink with is going to know the difference, just you guys on HBT. lol

Perlicks, meh, unless I have issues with these taps sticking badly they're fine for me. No one I drink with is going to know the difference, just you guys on HBT. lol

you say that now - but if you ever get your hands on a perlick, you'll never go back.
Skip one day with these faucets and they stick. And you can easily get more nasty growth in these. With the perlicks, only the spout is exposed. They're gold, baby, gold! :ban:

Back