New recycled brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Mash

Reaction score
I had an old hot stamping machine in my shop that was non-repairable so rather then let it go to waste I recycled it and made it into a brewstand.

I still have a lot of welding and grinding to do on it still but at least it is starting to take shape.

The large control box will house the timers and controllers and the small angled box will house the switches and the lights. I am also adding 3 digital timers with alarms for hop additions which will mount on the metal siding.

IMG_0930.jpg

Brewstand1-1.jpg

Monster Mash said:
I had an old hot stamping machine in my shop that was non-repairable so rather then let it go to waste I recycled it and made it into a brewstand....
That kicks butt!:ban:

david_42 said:
Nice tuns! Make them yourself?

Yeah, they are old pool filter housings.

The stand is about 10" too long but I guess it's better then being too short... The height is perfect though, the boil pot comes up right to the second level. I just have to make a couple modifications to the pots to get them to work.

My wife loves this thing because it means the other stand will be gone...

Sorry I'm late to the party but I love your set up. It's beautiful. Do you know if it'd be possible to create this with a direct fire set up instead of electric? Would you be willing to detailed instructions to make your kettles/fermenters? I love the idea of repurposing old items and if I can make it happen with my brewing the even better. I'm already on the look out for old pool filters.

Thanks for posting

Back