San Fran 810 vs. Wyeast 2112

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tabing75

Reaction score
many people say there are the same and others say they ferment much different. i have been reading several posts on this but have not quite found what i am looking for.

i have used 2112 about 3 times and this is my first time using 810. i did not realize that there was a ferm temp difference. Wyeast says 58-68 and White Labs says 58-65. those 3 degrees have me wondering.

my last Common fermented at 64-66 and i thought it was GREAT!! will that temp be too high for the 810 or should i expect the same result as the 2112?

also, will lager at 35 degrees for four weeks.

I would be interested in your opinion after using 810 vs. 2112. I am currently brewing a steam beer and I had the same thought. Did you see any differences in the final product?

Last summer I asked a guy from Northern Brewer about advice for brewing a Common and he said he personally liked the 810 better. I think he said it was a bit cleaner, maybe. I don't really remember his reasoning but I used it for mine and it turned out great. Also got a killer attenuation out of it for some reason.

Back