Odd ball screw up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber_bob

Reaction score
Started out this morning with a 10 gal batch of, Hex nut brown ale clone from Midwest in mind.

Got the HLT up to temp, grain was all ground and awaiting the hot water. Transfer the hot water to the MLT. Grab the thermometer from the HLT and go to put it into the MLT and, tink!!! The thermometer breaks and hundreds of little lead balls go into my MLT!!!

Needless to say,... there was some cussin'. I had to RDWHAHB. Got out another grain/hop bill. Now I have some Moose Drool, in the fermenter.

pb

Yep, took me exactly once to never touch a floating thermometer again. Incidentally (and without getting too far off topic), they were likely steel. Did you dump the mash? Kyle

Yep, took me exactly once to never touch a floating thermometer again. Incidentally (and without getting too far off topic), they were likely steel. Did you dump the mash? Kyle

Yep, I wasn't gonna take any chances. Even if they were steel, they didn't look food grade. [Where's the crying in my beer smiley?]

pb

Back