First AG looks, smells, and tastes terrible. (pics attached)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardedterror

Reaction score
Terribly good, that is. :ban: Thank you all for all the info on this site. I don't post much, but I come here at least 6 times a day, and have soaked up a LOT of info. This is a cream ale I brewed in September. 5 weeks primary and a month in the bottles, and this is what I ended up with. I hit all of my mash temps on the nose, and ended up with an 83% efficiency. (!) Not bad for a first AG brew. This one is for all of you! :mug:

Thanks again,
Beardedterror

DSC01167.jpg

you're right, that is terrible....terrible that i cant reach through the computer screen. nice work! have a cream ale in primary currently.

Congrats!

My first all grain - a Northern Brewer Oatmeal Stout kit won't be ready for about 5 more weeks....:(

My Speckled Heifer partial mash is ready and good:) and a bottle of my Belgian Dubbel is in the fridge for testing tomorrow.:D

Thanks all! I will have to say, it's not as clear as I had hoped, but it's only been in the fridge for 4 days and I didn't do much to prevent hazing, so it still might be chill haze. It tastes incredible, for a lighter beer. (I'm not biased at all :ban:)

Of course, the problem with this thread isn't the title and following post.... it's the fact he quoted, "pics attached" - plural, and only posted one pic! :D

Rev.

Awesome! And congrats - you fooled me on the title thread ;)

My first AG is now 2 weeks in the primary and I'm frothing at the mouth to get this bottled and see how it comes out. It's KingBrian's Common Room ESB and I was able to figure out everything (BIAB AG) with the help from people on this site. Hope mine comes out good as yours.

Back