What's your average abv?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostsr20

Reaction score
Look at your last 10-15 batches. Where do you fall typically with your beer? I am at about 8% with a high of 13 and low of 5.5.

Any keys to a good full flavor on light beers? I am going to be doing a 4% pale. I want to make it light in color and around 25-30 ibus using nugget and cascade. Probably some Vienna malt.

My last 50 gallons have all been under 5% with the exception of a batch of IPA that was 7.1%. I'm a session beer type guy as well.

Def check out that podcast. Also, I've found that 1lb of crystal malt and 154 mash temp keeps a nice body and sweetness for 40ish IBU beers, then adjust your base malt down to your desired ABV, and keep the other specialty malts where they were. This principle failed me when I went under 3% abv however. I'm still working on that one.

Are we only talking about beer batches, or can we include our batches of mead too? :D:drunk:

On beers I range from a low of 4.8% to a current high of 9.7%. With mead, that ranges from 13.7% to 17.9%... I do have a few batches of beer that either are still running, or I haven't taken a final reading on (before bottling)... So they could influence the average there (two are about ready for being bottled, one is slated for bottles in a few hours)...

I rarely go above 5, prefer to be in or about the 4-4.5 and never go above 6, unless you count Graff or turbo ciders, which I only drink rarely.

Definitely a lover of the session beers.

Assuming I actually entered the correct OG's and FG's into BeerSmith, I'm looking at 6.6% average, 4.95% low, and 10.78% high (expected final ABV of currently fermenting stout).

7.14%

I had a nice mix of session beers (IPAs and Pale Ales) mixed in with some high gravity beers (Tripel, Double Stout, Double Amber, Double IPA).

Most of my beers are int the 5% to 6.5% range. That being said I have a Saison in the fermenter right now that should come out about 7.5%

5-6% on average. But really i'm trying to brew according to whatever style (which can have a wide range of abv), most of the styles I like have been around there I guess.

Average or median =)

Median beer is about 5.5%, I'd say most of my beers are right around 5.3-6.0.

But i usually never go lower than 4.2, and I do often brew up to 9-10%, so that makes my average about 7 or 8

My average is around 6-6.5%, high was about 7.75% and low was about 4.75%. I am not a session beer man, I like to have one or two and chill. I think it makes my beer last longer too.

4% to 5%. I like crisp, clean, refreshing beers.

With that said, I have done everything from 3.8% English Mild to 11% barleywine. I just tend to brew at the low end of the range because that's what I like to drink.

I'd say probably 6%. I've gone big and I've gone small but I swear to you I loved them all (except for a lager that fermented to high).:mug:

Probably around 7%. I've been on a big beer phase lately. For the past 6 months, my low has been 6% and the high has been 11.5%.

6 - 8 percent for me. I'm aging an Imperial Stout that's at 10.4%, but I'm starting to want some lighter feeling beers these days. I don't know how I ended up with both Arrogant Bastard AND Double Bastard on tap at the same time... Too heavy is my general impression of the current homebrew drinking experience.

Back