taking beer onto an airplane...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berkeleybrew

Reaction score
I'm going to be flying across the country soon and wanted to take some of my homebrew with me. I was wondering if one can bring beer onto a plane. And also if this could somehow ruin the beer, although I don't see why it would. Anyways, anyone with some experience with that?
woops, i meant to put this onto the general discussion forum, not general technique, oh well, hope no one minds

Carrying it may or may not be OK. You are not allowed to consume anything alcoholic drinks you bring onto a plane, so be prepared to explain that you are simply transporting it and won't open it.

I've flown with beer several times. No problem. Just make sure you carry it on and pad it well. Package it in a six pack box and that's usually fine; I once had a few loose beers in a bag and the caps rubbed against something and one came loose...my clothes were soaked!

Marc.

Back