primary fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme

Reaction score
I have an IPA which has been in the primary for two weeks. I is still bubbling through the airlock every 10 seconds. It has been fermenting at a slightly cooler temp than I normally would have it but only a few degrees. When I look at the brew it still is rolling a fair bit. Unsure if I should leave it be or go ahead and transfer to secondary. Any thaughts?

Thanks in advance

I would leave it.
The secondary isnt about fermenting really, well sorta, but its more conditioning.
let it ferment out in the primary.

The brew has slowed a little but still bubbling in the airlock every 15-20 seconds. I took a reading and taste. The OG was 060, today 2 weeks later its at 020. I am not used to my brew taking so long to convert. Taste was on the sweet side being that the IBUs should be 75. First time using Wyeast Northwest ale. Any ideas why it may be taking so long?

beerme said:
The brew has slowed a little but still bubbling in the airlock every 15-20 seconds. I took a reading and taste. The OG was 060, today 2 weeks later its at 020. I am not used to my brew taking so long to convert. Taste was on the sweet side being that the IBUs should be 75. First time using Wyeast Northwest ale. Any ideas why it may be taking so long?

you mentioned in the first post that the batch is fermenting cooler than normal. exactly what temp is it fermenting at?

My scottish ale fermented in the 55-60°F range (intentionally) and it took about about 2.5 weeks to ferment out in the primary if I recall correctly.

-walker

Back